Let’s Remove QuickBooks Error 6123 0 with Reliable & Effective Techniquesby John Kartan Accounting And Bookkeeping
Users take regular backups in QuickBooks to ensure that in the event of data loss, they can retrieve the backup. But sometimes, there can be issues with the backup process, which can lead to QuickBooks error 6123 0 on the screen, and this error can get triggered due to common causes, like an outdated QB application or a damaged storage device. If you are getting QuickBooks error code 6123 0, you can use the detailed steps given below to address the issues once and for all.
In case you are having trouble while performing the steps given below or these solutions seem challenging, you can reach out to us at 1.855.738.2784 to get direct help from our QB experts with the issue.
What are the Main Causes & Possible Factors Leading to QuickBooks Desktop Error 6123?
- You are using an outdated or obsolete QB version, or your Windows OS version might be old, which is causing compatibility issues while retrieving the backups.
- You are trying to restore the QBW file backup from an external storage device or online storage, which is causing issues with the backup process.
- Windows firewall or an anti-virus app is causing obstructions while running QB and is preventing the application from running the backups.
Solutions to Effectively Eliminate QuickBooks Company File Error 6123
Solution 1 – Activate the Quick Fix My Program Utility to Resolve Common QB Issues
- Open QuickBooks Tool Hub and go to the Program Problems tab to choose the Quick Fix My Program tool and initiate a QB repair procedure.
- Let the tool repair the application, and once done, rerun QuickBooks and try to restore the QBW company file backups again to check the status of the 6123 error code.
Solution 2 – Use a Portable QBM File to Restore the Backup from the File Section
- Open the QuickBooks File menu and hit the Create Copy option to choose the Create Portable Company File button, and select Next to enter the company file name.
- Select a location to save the QBW file and move the file to a new PC to restore the file backup, followed by clicking the Restore a Portable File option.
- Browse the QBM file and hit Open to access the Restore page, and once done, rerun QB to access the data file without issues.
Created on Aug 17th 2023 15:08. Viewed 119 times.