QuickBooks Error PS033: Effective Techniques to Resolveby John Kartan Accounting And Bookkeeping
QuickBooks PS series errors mostly arise while downloading the payroll updates in the application. One such error is the QuickBooks error PS033, which can occur when there are issues with the payroll update process and can prevent users from doing the same. The error code can get triggered due to many factors, like a damaged CPS folder. If you are getting the QuickBooks error code PS033, you can use the methods given below to address it immediately.
If you are unable to perform the steps or resolve the error message on your own, you can reach out to us at +1-855-738-2784 to get direct assistance from our QB professionals.
Possible Triggers for the QuickBooks Desktop Error PS033
- The CPS folder or the QuickBooks files might be broken, damaged, or corrupted.
- Your company file has damaged or incorrect entries, leading to a corrupted company file.
- There is an unstable or weak internet connection for running the payroll updates in QB.
- Your payroll service key is incorrect, and the EIN might be invalid in QB payroll.
- Windows firewall or an anti-virus program is causing an obstruction, which is preventing QuickBooks from running the payroll updates.
How to Easily Dismiss the QuickBooks Payroll Error PS033?
Step 1 – Download the QB Payroll Updates in Windows Safe Mode
- Exit QuickBooks and reboot your computer system, followed by holding the Shift key while clicking the Power icon.
- Click Restart, and after the computer restarts, go to the Choose an Option screen and select Troubleshoot to hit the Advanced tab.
- Select Startup Settings and click Restart, and once the list appears, click on the fifth option to open Windows in Safe Mode.
- Lastly, download the payroll updates, and once done, restart the computer in Normal Mode.
Step 2 – Check your Payroll Service Key from the QuickBooks Employees Section
- Shut down all the company files and restart your computer to open QuickBooks, and navigate to the Employees section.
- Select My Payroll Service and click the Manage Service Key option to check the service name and status and mark it as Active.
- Hit Edit and check the service key number to enter the correct service key, followed by hitting Next and unmarking the Open Payroll Setup check box.
- Hit Finish, wait for the payroll updates to get downloaded, and once done, rerun QuickBooks and check if the PS033 error is fixed.
Created on Nov 29th 2023 12:27. Viewed 108 times.