Mend QuickBooks Error 15240 with Easy & Convenient Techniquesby John Kartan Accounting And Bookkeeping
|QuickBooks error 15240
Issues with the QB update process can be dismissed by using the given resolution steps. In case you don’t want to follow the troubleshooting process on your own, you can reach out to our QuickBooks specialist at 1.855.738.2784, and they will help you fix the error with ease.
QuickBooks Error Message 15240: Main Triggers & Causes
The following common reasons & factors might be leading to the QuickBooks Desktop error 15240 –
- You are not using the latest QuickBooks Desktop, and the outdated or obsolete version might be leading to the 15240 error code.
- You are using an incorrect or invalid download link to run the QB update process, which is preventing users from downloading the updates successfully.
- The Windows registry files might be damaged or corrupted, and these files might be causing interference while running the update process in QB.
- You are not running the update function in QB as a Windows admin user, which is causing restrictions and access issues.
You may read also : How to fix QuickBooks Error 80070057
Methods to Easily Rectify QuickBooks Payroll Error 15240
Error code 15240 in QuickBooks Desktop can be effectively eradicated by using the solutions given below –
Method 1 – Allow Proper Windows Permissions from the Program Files Folder
You can dismiss QB error code 15240 by editing the file permissions from the C drive.
- Go to the C Drive to access the Program Files section and right-click the Intuit folder to hit the Properties section, and go to the Security tab.
- Select the Advanced option and click on Owner Name to hit the Check Names button, and select the Replace Owner option.
- Hit Apply and choose the Full Control option from the Permissions window, and hit OK to save the changes.
Read also : QuickBooks missing pdf component error
Method 2 – Repair QuickBooks from the Control Panel of the Start Tab
You can fix the QB application issues by running a repair process from the control panel.
- Access the Windows Start menu to access the Control Panel and hit the Programs and Features tab to open the application list.
- Choose QuickBooks and hit the Repair option to initiate the repair process, and once the process finishes, rerun QuickBooks to run the payroll updates from the Employees menu to ensure that the 15240 error message is terminated.
The troubleshooting steps given above can help you address QuickBooks error 15240 with ease. In case these solutions don’t work, you might be facing some other internal issues, which can be fixed by taking expert assistance from our QB support team by reaching out to us at 1.855.738.2784.
Recommended to read : How to resolve QuickBooks Error 15222
Created on Aug 16th 2023 16:05. Viewed 158 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.