Resolving Techniques to Easily Remove QuickBooks Error H202by John Kartan Accounting And Bookkeeping
Issues while switching to the multi-user mode in QB can lead to the QuickBooks error H202 on the screen. This error code can prevent users from running the QBW files on the server and workstations and can get triggered due to some common causes, like incorrect DNS settings or corrupted ND files. If you are getting QuickBooks error code H202, you can follow the troubleshooting steps given below to eliminate the issue.
If you are unable to run the QBW files in the multi-hosting mode, and the given methods seem like a bit of a hassle, you can reach out to us at 1.855.738.2784 to get direct help from our team of QB professionals.
QuickBooks Desktop Error H202: Main Reasons & Triggers
- The hosting settings on the host PC are incorrect or misconfigured, which is preventing QB from activating the multi-user mode.
- The DNS settings might be incorrect or invalid, and the IP address of the host PC might be incorrect or difficult to fetch.\
- Crucial QB services, like the database service or the monitor service, are not running correctly, and these services might be inactive, unresponsive, or missing from the system.
- Windows firewall is causing a blockage, which is causing exchange issues between the QB data and the server.
How to Successfully Eliminate QuickBooks Company File Error H202?
Solution 1 – Fetch your Server Name by Activating the Network Discovery from the Start Tab
- From the Windows Start tab, access the Network and Sharing Center by typing Network in the search box, and hitting the Change Advanced Sharing Settings option.
- Turn on the Network Discovery option from the File and Printer Sharing section, and run the CMD command from the Run tab to type ipconfig/all.
- Note down the hostname from the IP Configuration section and ping the server to check if the data packets are being sent successfully.
Solution 2 – Run the File Doctor Utility from the Tool Hub to Mend the QBW File Corruption Issues
- Open QuickBooks Tool Hub to select the QuickBooks File Doctor tool from the Company File Issues section and initiate the QBW file repair process.
- Next, hit Browse to select your company file and select the Check your File option, and once the tool stops running, rerun QB to check if the H202 error message is removed.
Created on Aug 3rd 2023 09:59. Viewed 122 times.