QuickBooks Error 1904 and it’s Troubleshooting Solutionsby John Kartan Accounting And Bookkeeping
QuickBooks, with around three decades of presence in the market, is known for its easy-to-use accounting and financing features that helps millions of businesses globally. However, sometimes users may face some errors and bugs while using QuickBooks that interrupt the workflow. In this post, we are going to discuss one such error that you may be facing when installing QuickBooks Desktop which is "QuickBooks Error 1904" and its solution. Once you encounter QuickBooks Error 1904, your display may be showing you the following message "Error 1904: [file path/name/extension] failed to register”.
Well, there is no need to worry as your accounting data and company files are safe. If you don’t want to resolve the error on your own, you can reach us at our QuickBooks helpline number 844-888-4666
What causes QuickBooks Error 1904?
- There may be some missing or corrupted Windows components.
- lssues with the Installation source.
- There may be some issues with Hard drive read-write permissions.
What should be done to fix QuickBooks Error 1904?
Solution: Download QuickBooks Tool Hub and run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool
Solution 1: Download and Install QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Close QuickBooks on your Computer.
- It's better to download the most updated version (126.96.36.199) of QuickBooks Tool Hub. Store the file in such a place on your computer where you can quickly locate it (for ex. Windows desktop or Downloads folder).
- Click on the file you've just downloaded (QuickBooksToolHub.exe) and open it.
- You need to follow the on-screen instructions and give your consent to the terms and conditions to install it.
- Once the QuickBooks Tool Hub installation is done, you need to double-click its icon on your Windows desktop to open the tool hub.
Solution 2: Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub and run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Choose Installation Issues after opening the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Select QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool and let the tool run. This process might take up to 20 minutes.
- Once the tool finish the repair process, restart your computer and open QuickBooks.
Created on Mar 8th 2021 16:49. Viewed 678 times.