Acidity, Heartburn and Acid Reflux Ayurvedic Prospectives and Natural Treatmentby Chandigarh Ayurved HealthCare
Acidity is a condition caused by excess production of acid by the gastric glands of the stomach. Stomach naturally produces gastric or hydrochloric acid (HCL) to help digest and breakdown food.
Symptoms of acidity and heartburn includes burning sensation in the stomach, burning sensation in the throat and heart, difficulty in swallowing ,condition like regurgitation, restlessness, belching, nausea, prolonged sour taste in the mouth, bad breath, indigestion , constipation ,Bloating, Burping, Vomiting, Nausea, Dysphagia, Bad breath, Sore throat, Hiccups, Pain in abdomen, Wheezing, Dry cough, Indigestion, Constipation, Loss of appetite, Excessive thirst, Mouth ulcers, Itching on the body, General weakness. There are different causes that can form the acidity in an individual mentioned below: Eating food items that are not healthy like (fried food, cheese, butter, processed food, pickle, spicy food, & pasta, etc). Obesity is the main reason for acidity. Drinking beverages like coffee, alcohol, carbonated drink, tea, etc. Excessive intake of food items like Tomato, onions, garlic, citrus fruits, chocolate, red chilies, green chilies, etc. Drinking alcohol, Smoking, Being pregnant, Excessive intake of blood pressure medications, Aspirin, ibuprofen, muscle relaxant, etc. Not performing any activities like playing games, sports, exercise, yoga, etc. Excessive consumption of Non-vegetarian food.
Ayurvedic prospective of ACIDITY, HEARTBURN AND ACID REFLUX.
There are lots of ayurvedic herbs in nature that reduce all the signs & symptoms of acidity. Acidity is correlated with “Amalpitta” in Ayurveda. The imbalance of mainly pitta dosha is there as compared to others.
The term acidity is related to gas formation and heartburn in stomach. In acidity, acid reflux or Gastro esophageal reflux disease (GERD), or more commonly known as 'Urdhvag Amalpitta' in ayurveda, there is a movement of gastric juices (acid in nature) from the stomach into the lower part of esophagus. Ayurveda considerds it to be caused by the aggarvation of Pitta dosha. This Amlapitta vyadhi is caused mainly due to these factors –Viruddhashana bhojana and Pittaprakopaka pana. In many cases individuals with a Pitta imbalance are susceptible to peptic ulcers, hyperacidity and other kinds inflammatory disorders. Pathogenesis of amlapitta involves these important factores i.e. Annavaha Strotodushti, Agnimandya and Ama.
Along with this, the vitiation of pitta leading to quantitative & qualitative increase of pachaka pitta especially in its ama & drava guna gives rise to amlapitta. Gastric Glands secretes some enzymes and acids, which help break down food during digestion. When excess secretions of acids and enzymes in stomach occurs then this condition is termed as the hyperacidity.
Natural & Herbal Treatment For Acidity, Heartburn and Acid Reflux
• Holy basil – Tulsi or Holy basil is best ayurvedic remedies or ayurvedic medicine for curing acidity, acid reflux and heartburn. It helps a person suffering from acidity by reducing the impact of gastric acids and repress excess gas production. Ingest 2-3 Tulsi leaves regularly eases the problem of acid indigestion.
• Ginger – Ginger is a best herbal remedy to treat acidity or acid reflux conditions as it keeps the pH levels of the body in balance. It eases the stomach by reducing the levels of stomach acid. For better results, mix some lemons juice to the ginger juice and consume it.
• Jaggery – Jaggery is the best home remedy for acidity. It is good for digestion. It brings down acidity in the stomach making it more alkaline. Make a habit of eating jiggery after every meal.
• Mint leaves – It is the best herbal remedy for acidity. A preparation of mint known as Pudin hara, is an ideal herbal medicines for acidity, heartburn and acid reflux. The medicine is made up of mint extract which helps in soothing the acids indigestion in the stomach. Mint is an effective and the best natural coolant. Boil few leaves of mint and drink this water after cooling it.
• Aloe vera – Aloe vera can also be considered as an effective home remedy to treat acidity, heartburn and acid reflux. The anti-inflammatory properties of aloe vera reduce the inflammation in the stomach and soothe the digestive system. Gel and juice can be consumed to cure heartburn. Consume these before meals, as it promotes effective digestion of food.
• Coconut Water – Coconut water is very effective ayurvedic home remedy for acidity, heartburn and acid reflux. Coconut water helps in maintaing the secretion of the stomach acids normal. The high fibre content in this magical water prevents indigestion.
• Fennel seeds – Fennel seeds (saunf ) is the best ayurvedic tip for acid indigestion .People frequently take fennel seeds after dinner time, because these seeds are very good for proper digestion and beneficial for soothing the stomach from acidity and prevents any kind of stomach spasm . They contains minerals, vitamins, and fibres that support the digestion process.
• Cumin seeds – Cumin seeds is best ayurvdic tip to reduce acid indigestion. Cumin seeds function as a potent acid neutralizer which improves digestion and alleviates stomach pain. Take these seeds raw with some warm water or you can also boil the seeds and drink this water after meal.
• Amla or gooseberries – Amla is a natural antioxidant and is very good source of vitamin C. It also boosts the immune system of an individual. Amla is regarded as a widely used herb. The calming effects of this food helps in a natural way for treating acidity. It also heals the damaged stomach lines and esophagus. Take one teaspoon of amla powder regularly is beneficial to prevent acid reflux.
• Carom seeds – Carom seeds are very effective and best herbal treatment for acidity, heartburn. Carom is rich in anti acid properties which makes it a good remedy for acid reflux conditions. Consuming carom, black salt, and warm water together for two weeks is an ideal home remedy to get rid of acidity.
• Lemon water – Lemon water is a very good home remedy for treating acidity, and improves digestion. It helps to neutralize the effect of acids present in your stomach. Drinking this water before meals promote proper digestion.
• Drinking Water – Water is a natural home remedies for acidity, heartburn and acid reflux. Drinking three glasses of normal water in the morning regularly in your daily routine is the best way to keep away from acidity like conditions. This helps in maintaining acid levels in the stomach and improves digestion conditions.
• Cold milk – Cold milk is an effective treatment or remedy for treating conditions like heartburn and acid reflux as compared to hot milk. Milk is rich source of calcium, It provides immediate relief from the burning sensation in the stomach. It stops building up of acids in the stomach and also absorbs excess acids.
Created on Nov 13th 2019 00:06. Viewed 662 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.