Home Remedies for Psoriasisby Chandigarh Ayurved HealthCare Psoriasis is a general inflammatory disease that primarily affects the skin in about 3% of individuals in the world. It is mainly characterized by skin cells that multiply up to 10 times faster than normal. When these cells reach the surface and die, the formation of raised, red plaques covered with white scales starts. Psoriasis begins as a small scaling papule. When multiple papules coalesce, they form scaling plaques. These plaques tend to occur in the scalp, elbow, and knees. Although the psoriatic plaques can be limited to only a few small areas, the condition can involve widespread areas of skin anywhere on the body. Common psoriasis symptoms can include, red patches of skin covered with silvery scales, dry, cracked skin, itching, burning or soreness, itchy plaques, etc. Psoriasis can occur more likely in dry skin than oily or well-moisturized skin. Excessive alcohol consumption, obesity, overexposure or lack of sunlight, stress, cold climate, physical illness, HIV infection, superficial wounds, or taking certain drugs such as lithium, beta-blockers such as propranolol, anti-malarial medications and in generally poor health results in flaring up of psoriasis. Here we describe some of the best and effective Psoriasis Natural Treatment from which you can cure the condition of psoriasis naturally.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar– It has anti-bacterial properties and can help to reduce redness, soreness, and irritation caused due to psoriasis. It contains antiseptic properties that prevent recurring infections.
How to use – To use apple cider vinegar as a home remedy, add 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar to half a cup of water. Apply it to the affected areas for about 20 minutes. Repeat this method twice daily. Then rinse the scalp with lukewarm water
2. Aloe Vera– Aloe vera is the best remedy that gives a soothing effect to your skin. It can help to reduce itchiness and irritation. Its anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties help you to treat psoriasis naturally. It also cools down the system and cleanses the blood and gets rid of toxins.
How to use – To use Aloe vera on psoriasis, apply a cream prepared with aloe vera gel to the affected area of skin. You may need to do this several times a day for a few weeks in order to notice a difference.
3. Coconut oil– Coconut oil can be used as one of the best home remedies. It helps in reducing skin patches and gets absorbed in the skin easily so that dryness and patches do not re-occur.
How to use – Lightly heat the coconut oil before applying it to the skin. Massage the skin gently and leave it overnight
4. Ginger– Ginger has the best medicinal and anti-inflammatory properties. It also consists of antimicrobial compounds that prevent infections.
How to use – To use ginger as a home remedy, boil a piece of ginger in water. Strain the water and add honey and lemon juice to ginger water. Drink it while it is still warm.
5. Fenugreek seeds– It is the most famous herb used to treat psoriasis. Fenugreek seeds are known to as wonderful and harmless alternative to all the contemporary exfoliators that usually contain petroleum products and other chemicals.
How to use – Soak 2 to 3 teaspoons of fenugreek seeds in water and leave it overnight. Grind in the morning to make a smooth paste and leave to thicken for 30 minutes. Dilute with water and apply to the skin, scalp to reduce the symptoms of psoriasis.
6. Marigold– It is one of the effective remedies in the treatment of psoriasis. It can help to get relief in pain and swelling in the psoriatic patches.
How to use – Take about four marigold heads and boil them in four cups of water. Allow it to cool and then apply it over the affected body water.
7. Shea Butter– Shea butter is rich in vitamin A, Vitamin E, and triglycerides. It nourishes and moisturizes the skin. This butter removes the dead, scaly skin, and proved as an effective home remedy for psoriasis.
How to use – Melt the Shea butter and massage it gently on the skin and leave it overnight. Repeat this one or twice a week.
8. Turmeric– Turmeric is an aromatic spice that plays an important role in treating almost all the skin diseases. As it reduces inflammation and monitors cellular interactions to relieve the markers of the disease. It strengthens skin cell defenses and blocks harmful agents. The nutrients present in it have the ability to control the rate of cell division and fix cell damage. Turmeric influences detoxification enzymes that protect against oxidative stress.
How to use – It can be used in paste form as the best choice in psoriasis. Use one part turmeric powder to two parts water.Combine the ingredients in a pan and simmer until thick paste forms. Cool it and apply to the affected area. After 20 minutes, remove the paste with normal water and apply aloe vera gel to moisturize your skin.
Vaidya Jagjit Singh is an Ayurvedic Doctor in Chandigarh and has an experience of 30 years in this field. He is founder of Chandigarh Ayurved Centre. Chandigarh Ayurvedic Centre provides best ayurvedic treatment & panchakarma therapies centre in Chandigarh. Chandigarh Ayurvedic Centre is a leading Multi speciality Ayurvedic Clinic of North India. Vaidya Jagjit Singh practices at Chandigarh Ayurved Centre Chandigarh.
Created on Jul 9th 2019 01:29. Viewed 357 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.