Ayurvedic Treatment For Heartburn and Acidityby Chandigarh Ayurved HealthCare Acidity is due to excess production of acid in the gastric glands of the stomach. Our stomach normally secretes hydrochloric acid which is required for breakdown and digestion. Hyperacidity in Ayurvedic terms can be called "Amlapitta". Acidity can be described as a disease of modernization due to irregular eating habits, it is more of psycho-somatic disorder caused due to mental stress & strain added with dietetic indiscrimination. Amalpitta is caused due to Viruddhasana and pittaprokapaj ahaar and vihar. It can occur due to unhealthy eating habits, as a side effect of medicines, due to existing medical conditions as peptic ulcer disease, diabetes, asthma, hiatal hernia, alcohol consumption, stress, smoking, lack of physical activity and irregularity in eating pattern. Acidity leads to burning sensation in the stomach, throat, and heart. It causes difficulty in swallowing, regurgitation, belching, nausea, indigestion, etc.
The treatment of hyperacidity in modern medicine includes protein pump inhibitors, antacids, H2 blockers, and prostaglandins which gives temporary relief but does not treat the disease completely. In Ayurveda, fortunately, several natural herbs can help you to treat chronic and psychosomatic digestion issues without creating any side-effects. Effective herbal supplements based on age-old science of Ayurveda are available to fight the symptoms of hyperacidity to get long term relief. Chandigarh Ayurved Centre made an ‘Acidity Care Kit’, which includes Ayurvedic Medicine For Acidity that are very effective to control this condition naturally. The kit contains a total of 4 products – Pittashekhar Rasa, Agnimukha Churna, Detox Premium Powder, and Amlapittamishran Syrup. The medicines are free of additives, preservatives, and have no side effects.
ACIDITY CARE KIT1. Pittashekhar Rasa These are herbal tablets prepared from Sootshekhar rasa, Bilva majja, Kalmegha, Shankha bhasma, Kapardika bhasma, etc. that balances pitta dosha in the body. Regular use of these tablets improves digestion, enhances appetite, carminative, reduces acidity, prevents gastric ulcers, reduces heartburn, acts as a laxative, deals with pain in the abdomen, etc.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 tablet twice daily with normal water.
2. Agnimukha Churna This herbal churna is prepared from ingredients like Vacha (Acorus calamus), Pippali (Piper longum), Sonth (Zingiber officinale), Ajwain (Trachyspermum ammi), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), etc that balances vata & kapha doshas in the body. It gives effective results in indigestion, anorexia, abdominal pain, constipation, loss of appetite, flatulence, bloating, intestinal gas, etc.
Recommended Dosage: Take a half teaspoon of this churna twice daily with normal water.
3. Detox Premium Powder Detox premium powder is prepared from ingredients such as Shankh bhasma, Sutshekhar ras, Parval pishti, Shukta, Giloy, Kamdudha ras, Shvet parpati that gives a calming effect on the stomach. • Shankh bhasma: This ayurvedic bhasma is prepared from conch shell. The bhasma shows antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antacid, digestive stimulant properties. The problems like indigestion, heartburn, acid reflux, abdominal pain, loss of appetite, etc are easily treated with it.
• Sutshekhar ras: Sutshekhar ras an ayurvedic preparation that maintains pitta dosha in the body. This ras provides effective results in abdominal pain, heartburn, nausea, fever, headache, epigastric tenderness, etc.
• Parval pishti: Parval pishti is prepared from coral calcium processed in rose water. It provides effective results in acidity, burning sensation, headache, etc.
• Shukta pishti: This pishti balances the pitta dosha in the body and removes all toxins from the body.
• Giloy satv: Giloy satv possesses antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, carminative, immunomodulator, etc properties. It eliminates the ama from the body hence provide good results in acidity problem.
• Kamdudha ras: Kamdudha ras reduces heat, burning sensation, epigastrium tenderness, irritability, heartburn, and acidity.
• Shwet parpati: Shwet parpati is effective in acidity.
Recommended Dosage: Take one sachet twice daily with normal water.
4. Amlapitta Mishran This is an ayurvedic preparation that contains ingredients like Vasa (Justicia adhatoda), Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia), Nimba (Azadirachta indica), Triphala (three myrobalans), Patol (Trichosanthes dioica), Yashtimadhu (Glycyrrhiza glabra), Chirayta (Swertia chirayita), etc that regularizes Pitta dosha in the body. This syrup strengthens metabolic activities and enhances the action of agni. It provides effective results in heartburn, abdominal pain, nausea, bloating, belching, etc.
Recommended Dosage: Take 2 teaspoonful twice daily.
In addition to medicines, you should also change your dietary habits and lifestyles. For this, we recommend some of the lifestyle changes and Natural and Home Remedies for Acidity that are beneficial and give quick results.
• Don't eat meals when there is an aggravation of pitta dosha in the body. Avoid untimely and irregular food habits.
• Avoid excessive spicy, sour, and salty food items.
• Do not consume too hot and cold food products.
• Avoid lying down after taking meals. The best recommended position is the left lateral position.
• Avoid food containing an excessive amounts of garlic, salt, oil, chilies, etc. Also avoid curd and sour fruits.
• Eliminate carbonated beverages from your diet.
• Meditation includes techniques such as deep breathing and progressive muscle relaxation. Simply taking few minutes out of your busy schedule will activate parasympathetic system. It will reduce stress & controls your acidity naturally.
• Yogic exercises keep the overall internal system and external system in good condition. Exercise regularly and reduce undue mental stress. Some of the useful yogic postures include-Surya namaskar, Sarvangasana, Bhujangasana, Naukasana, Paschimottanasana, Vajrasana, Bhastrika Pranayam, Sitali and Sitkari Pranayam.
Created on Sep 11th 2019 02:06. Viewed 437 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.