How to Score 170+ in CLAT Examby Richa Jha Asistent Manager
If there is any unpredictable entrance examination in India, then it is CLAT or Common Law Admission Test. Since it is conducted by 18 National Law Universities (NLUs) on a rotational basis, and since there is a lack of CLAT committee to administer the test, therefore there is no standardized mechanism.
Another unpredictability lies with the fact that nobody can be sure about the difficulty of the paper. Thus, one can hardly make any guesses about scores in the test, unlike the mock papers online and practice aptitude tests.
Many aspirants look for ways to score 170+ in CLAT exam. But, due to some reasons mentioned above, they fail to do so.
Following are some tips and techniques that could help
you achieve 170+ score in this examination:
1. Plan Things –
· Start by planning things such as joining a reputable coaching institute that fits your budget. Or, self-studying through books and eLearning websites with mock test papers.
· Also plan on what to study and when to study. Then stick with the schedule.
· Divide 2 hours time for all the five sections and do not stick to one single section or a question even if you think that taking 5 minutes could make you score more 5 marks.
2. Legal Reasoning –
· This is the most important part of the CLAT 2018 exam for an any legal career aspirant. The marks you score in this section, are considered while ranking. And, also if many others have also scored the same marks. Most law professionals and experts recommend that students must stick to the principle(s) given in the question. And, avoid using your own wit while solving questions in this area.
· Try to cover all the legal aspects in Tort, Contract and Criminal laws. Try to memorize all the legal Maxims (It will be quite easy as you could see many English terms in it). Take help of legal experts and mobile apps like SBK Law Diary or a digital law diary.
· Do practice aptitude tests in legal aptitude for CLAT 2018. Seek out the questions asked in the previous years. For legal GK, try to memorize the important Amendments, Articles and the Crucial cases.
3. English –
· Read a number of literature books. It will help to increase your reading speed. Use mobile apps to learn a new word everyday. Build up your vocabulary.
· Get grammar books and solve exercises or take help of eLearning websites to practice mock test for English. Solve last 5 years’ questions.
4. Mathematics –
· The questions generally asked here are of basic 10th standard. But you need ‘’speed’’ to tackle them. You need to finish all 20 questions within 20 minutes.
· RS Aggarwal’s ‘’Quantitative Aptitude’’ is a good place to practice aptitude tests sums. Since these are much harder than CLAT paper questions, these will help you prepare very well. Otherwise go for mock papers online and sample tests.
5. Logical Reasoning –
These questions are quite basic, so it needs less
attention. However, speed matters in it. In order to increase speed, buy a CLAT
Exam preparation book and solve the questions.
Source : http://www.sooperarticles.com/education-articles/how-score-170-clat-exam-1630902.html
Created on Jan 23rd 2018 05:38. Viewed 97 times.