Learning objects to achieve E-Learning Objectivesby Richa Jha Asistent Manager
Any entity (digital or non-digital) that may be used for education or training comes in the category of learning objects. Also, any type of aid in the educational process with a digital resource becomes a part of the learning object.
Such objects must have an external structure of information to enable their metadata which includes identification, retrieval and storage. Today, they are becoming very common on social networking sites in India
Characteristics of Learning Objects –
1. Learning objects are smaller units of study (ranging from 3 to 15 minutes) while on the other hand, traditional content comes in a several hour chunk. So, they provide a new thinking on the education process.
2. Self-containment is another essential feature. They are mostly independent and are re-usable.
3. They can be combined with other collections of content. For example, interactive video lessons can be combined with new Mp3 audio of lectures by various experts. Hence, the area of benefit also widens.
3 Key Benefits of Learning Objects –
1. They have made it possible to offer features which are traditionally non-existent in a typical classroom. The ability to have virtual learning has enhanced capabilities of a usual classroom. Depending on the needs of the learner, the object can facilitate the course content, therefore removing the need to waste time on lengthy subjects.
2. A reusable content such as sample test paper or e-Mock Paper can be complete in itself. It includes a whole study module that may include topic, level of difficulty, subjects, and different marks.
3. The ability to store them in Databases. The process of storing information on a database such as information of students’ results, their progress reports, etc. is very smooth. This gives a chance for students to track their progress in sample practice papers and share on social networking sites in India.
The Learning Objectives –
‘’An instructional objective is a statement that will describe what the learner will be able to do after completing the instruction (course)’’
The learning objectives to achieve need to have the following:
Several categories can be assigned for these objectives such as:
1. Knowledge: to recall previously studied course
2. Understanding: to tell meaning and ideas
3. Implementation: to use those ideas and concepts and apply them
4. Synthesis: to form new ideas and form separate new relationships
5. Inference: to analyse and calculate the worth of the new born ideas and concepts
With the growing influence of popular e-learning websites in India, the educational programmes have widened in their scope too. The learning objects to achieve e-learning objectives are the new way to transform the careers of young students.
To see how
digital means can transform scholarship and competitive career, visit https://sabakuch.com/elearning/mock/
Source : http://www.sooperarticles.com/education-articles/online-education-articles/learning-objects-achieve-e-learning-objectives-1605655.html
Created on Oct 6th 2017 05:03. Viewed 660 times.