Canon Printer Is Not Responding: How To Fix This Issueby Alex Smith Printer Support Services
Canon is the name that comes to mind when we talk about printers. It is quite a reliable printer brand. Canon have different models and features in printer. You can use Canon printer to print, scan or fax any document or images. But sometimes you face issues like Canon printer is not responding. There can be many reasons due to which this might happen. There might be some misconfiguration in settings due to which your printer is not able to make prints. No internet or low internet connectivity is also a major cause for printer not responding. Another reason for why won’t my Canon printer print can be the lost connection between the devices. Outdated printer driver is another cause. Let’s have a look at some of the common troubleshooting ways to fix the error.
Ways to fix Canon printer not printing:
- Check for any new updates on your software.
- Go to the settings and check if the printer is online and set as default device.
- You can check if the printer is working on any other device and if it is working there.
- Keep the printer on and cur its power cable.
- If there are any other cables attached to the printer remove them too.
- Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
- Make sure that your printer is directly connected to the main source and not through any other cables or device.
- When you reconnect the printer, it should turn on automatically. If not so, switch it back on manually.
- Make sure that you have loaded the paper in your printer.
- Download and install the Canon Print and Scan doctor software, if you are facing an issue with printer drives.
The steps mentioned above will help you resolve most of the issues or errors your printer is facing. But if you still find Canon printer not printing. You can run the inbuilt troubleshooting program of the printer. Go to the windows settings and select printer and drivers. You will see the option of run the troubleshooting under the manage section.
Another way to fix the error is rebooting the print spooler of the Canon printer. If you have enabled the firewall settings. Disable them temporarily and see if the printer starts taking commands. If you are still not able to fix the error with your printer. Contact the technical experts for a guided solution.
You can also reset the printer back to factory default settings. Press and hold the control panel on the printer. The reset menu would be displayed. Select soft reset at first and then hold on the button until hard reset is displayed. Then release the button.
This is how you can perform hard reset on Canon printer. Press the stop button on your printer. This will make the alarm on your printer go off. Release the stop button when the alarm light starts flashing. This process of long pressing the stop button will reset the printer back to default settings. Then, uninstall the outdated printer driver and update your printer. Restart the printer after configuring the settings.
Created on Jul 5th 2022 05:49. Viewed 89 times.