How To Reset HP Wireless Printer Password & Factory Settingsby Alex Smith Printer Support Services
HP printers come in a range of products, including DeskJet, Photosmart, Envy, and many more. We recently found that HP printer users often ask how to reset HP DeskJet printer and change the wireless printer password. Thus, we have come up with a stepwise guide for you to reset your printer Wi-Fi password and perform a factory reset.
How to Reset HP DeskJet Printer Wi-Fi Password?
Because of security reasons, you might want to switch your Wi-Fi network and know how to change WiFi on HP printer. However, changing the Wi-Fi network password would be an appropriate solution to add an extra layer of security and protect your data from hackers. So, you can follow the below-given steps to find out how to reset HP DeskJet printer Wi-Fi password.
- On your HP DeskJet printer, navigate to the Home menu and click on the Right Arrow
- Next, choose the Setup menu and then select Network
- Then, scroll down to locate and click on Restore Network Defaults
- Hit Yes, and wait till default settings are restored
- After that, navigate to the Control Panel
- Select Devices and Printers and right-click on your HP DeskJet printer
- Tap on Properties and then click on the Password icon
- You have to type the new password now and then save the change.
How to Factory Reset HP Printer?
Performing an HP printer factory reset can be an effective troubleshooting method to fix most of your HP printer-related issues. Whether you want to perform a factory reset HP Photosmart printer or DeskJet printer, you can follow the given instructions.
- First of all, turn off your HP printer and then remove the power cord to unplug it from the power outlet.
- After removing all the USB cables, you have to wait for around 3-4 minutes.
- Then, press the Power button on your printer and keep it pressed for at least 30 seconds.
- Now, plug in the cord to the printer and power cable back to the outlet.
- Once done, turn on your HP printer.
- After switching on the printer, you need to move further to download and install the HP printer software. It won’t take longer than 120 minutes to complete the software installation and setup process.
How to Install HP Printer Software?
Once you are done with the factory reset, you have to move further with the installation of HP printer software and driver. You can follow the given steps to install HP printer software.
- Head to the official HP website and search for your printer model
- You need to tap on the Download option next to your printer model.
- Once you have downloaded the software, open HP Easy Start
- Tap on the Setup My Printer and agree to all Terms and Conditions
- Then, hit Continue and head to your printer’s control panel.
- Make sure you’re the power button light is turned ON.
- Select your HP printer from the list and hit Continue
- You will see your wireless network SSID with a Join Button.
- Hit Join and your computer will be disconnected from the wireless network temporarily.
- When prompted to access the selected wireless network, hot Allow
- You will then get the wireless network password. Use it to connect your printer to the network.
- Follow the instructions on your screen for installation.
- Now, select the software that you want to install and hit Continue.
- Follow on-screen prompts and come to Enable Printing screen.
- Then, tap on Add Printer and then select your printer’s name.
- Hit Add, and it is done!
So, if you are dealing with any HP printer-related error, you can try fixing it by resetting factory default settings. However, if the issue remains unaffected even after performing a factory reset, you are free to call the customer support service of HP.
Created on Dec 7th 2021 05:46. Viewed 227 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.