What to do if HP printer won’t scan in Windows 10/11by Alex Smith Printer Support Services
HP printers are one if the most reliable printer brands available in the market. Most of the HP printers are all in one. They help you print, scan and fax documents. Everything has shifted to online today but still you do require printer for a complete setup. HP printers fulfil your office and everyday needs. Here, we will have a have a look at some of the ways to fix when there is an issue scanning from my HP printer to my computer. We will also have a look at the steps of the process to scan anything from HP printers. No matter how efficient any machine is, you do face errors from time to time. Here are some of the troubleshooting ways to fix any issue related to printer not scanning in Windows 10/11.
Ways to resolve HP printer not scanning:
· When you upgrade your windows, make sure that your printer is compatible with the Windows version you are currently using.
· You can reset your printer by turning off the printer and unplugging it’s cable. Wait for 10 minutes and then plug the cable and switch on the printer.
· Make sure your printer software is updated, reinstall the latest version.
· HP printers have their own troubleshooting program. Rum the program, it will take a few minutes.
· Turn off the windows defender firewall for sometime.
· If this doesn’t help, reset the printer to it’s default settings. This would act like a clean slate.
We saw the troubleshooting ways to resolve printer not scanning in windows 10/11. This issue arise usually due to out dated and incompatible programs. Resetting the device can solve many bugs and errors. When you reset the printer, it comes back to it’s default settings which acts as a clean slate for the device. In the process it removes any errors and glitches the printer was facing earlier. HP printer are all equipped with handling minor errors, therefore they have Preinstalled troubleshooting program which helps you manage the issue without any assistance.
Now , let’s have a look at the steps on how to scan from HP printer to computer. You have to see that the printer is connected to a proper Wi-Fi connection. The device through which you are making the prints must have access to a good Wi-Fi connection. Both the devices should be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Follow the steps mentioned below.
Steps to scan from HP printer:
· You can use the HP printer application in order to enable scan in case if it’s disabled.
· Go to the start menu.
· Then, click on all Apps.
· Now, select the name of your printer.
· Go to the scan section.
· Click on manage scan to computer.
· Here, you have to click on enable.
You simply have to enable the permission and thereafter place the document or image properly on a scanning glass. The corners should touch the end. Then, give the command and your documents will be scanned.
Created on Jun 27th 2022 04:13. Viewed 101 times.