8 Surprising Ways Vitamin C Helps Your Skin, Hair And Health!by Shreyansh K. Organic Fruit Juices
One of the vitamins that are abundantly available in most of the food sources is Vitamin C. It is a water-soluble nutrient, and helps in regenerating other antioxidants in the body. It plays a crucial role in connecting tissues as well as healing wounds. Also, the consumption of Vitamin C fruits and vegetables delays the damaging effects of free radicals on the skin and body.
Several food items in your kitchen are a great source of Vitamin C. Some of them include chilli peppers, bell peppers, broccoli, kale, papaya, strawberries, cauliflower, mango, pineapple, lemon, orange, rosehips and kiwi. But do you know their health benefits? How do they affect your hair, skin, and health? Let us find out:
- Improves heart health: Vitamin C contains a high level of plasma that reduces heart-related diseases. It hampers the activity of a protein called endothelin that leads to the construction of small blood vessels that eventually cause a heart attack. It also lowers the chances of blood pressure and keeps your arteries flexible. In fact, fruits rich in Vitamin C assists the arteries to dilate under stress.
- Boosts immunity: Your body experiences less resistance against pathogens in the absence of Vitamin C. Adding this nutrient to your diet not only protects your immune system but also reduces the severity of allergies and fights varied infections. If you are suffering from flu, Vitamin C is the one to turn to. Also, it is a potential treatment for asthma.
- Maintains healthy gums: Vitamin C deficiency leads to a severe form of gum disease called gingivitis. It weakens the connective tissue and breaks down the capillaries. An early sign of Vitamin C deficiency is bleeding gums.
- Regulates blood sugar: A frequent intake of Vitamin C fruits and vegetables juice prevents diabetes, concerned to your blood vessels. This restricts the blood sugar level in the body.
- Works as an anti-depressant: If you find yourself in a gloomy mood, then consider drinking a glass of any Vitamin C juice to uplift your mood. It targets the serotonin and is essential for your wellbeing.
- Heals burns and scars: Several research studies show that Vitamin C helps improve wounds and reduces the need for ventilation in patients with severe burns. Also, fruits rich in Vitamin C, such as orange and lemon, help in the growth of new tissues and skin. Hence, they work well to heal scars.
- Eliminates discolouration of skin: Vitamin C protects the DNA from photochemical reactions, which produces tumour, skin discolouration, and other types of skin cancer. It also stops the production of pyrimidine dimers, which are the cause behind melanomas. It lightens skin ageing and skin freckles, leading to smoother and younger-looking skin.
- Boosts hair growth: Did you know fruits rich in Vitamin C when turned into a conditioner strengthens your hair? Low intake of Vitamin C is the primary cause of hair-related concerns. Your hair becomes dry which causes more split ends. People who regularly consume this nutrient or turn any of citrus juices to a conditioner, receive healthy, strong, and thick hair.
So, now that you know about the wonders of Vitamin C buy fresh cold pressed juice or consume it in its raw form to avail its benefits.
Created on Aug 9th 2019 05:17. Viewed 389 times.