Symptoms and treatment of weak digestive systemby Dr Vikram Chauhan Doctor
The Digestive System consists of GI tract (gastrointestinal tract) and other accessory organs of the digestive system which include pancreas, gallbladder, liver, salivary glands and tongue. Through these organs of the digestive system, the body has a digestion process. Digestion involves the breakdown of food into smaller particles until they can be absorbed and assimilated into the body. If these organs become weak in the body then the growth of the body does not take place. When digestive system weakens, we suffer from some digestive problems like gas, swelling, stomach problems, sometimes constipation or fatigue after eating. Here are some measures and home remedies to increase the digestion process:
What are the causes of the weak digestive system?
Here are the 12 major causes of weak digestion or digestive system:
- Reduced physical work or inactivity and sedentary lifestyle
- Improper dietary habits
- Drinking water in a very small amount.
- Consuming excess quantity of tobacco products (cigarettes) and alcohol.
- Eating food in more quantity.
- Irregular food habits.
- Awakening at night time
- Working in the same place for long hours
- Eating fast food or junk food
- Bad routine
- Unable to take proper sleep
- Anxiety and stress-related to work or anything
What are the symptoms of the weak digestive system?
Some prominent symptoms are described here:
- Problems related to stomach
- Irritable bowel syndrome
Measures to repair the digestive system:
1. Keep your daily routine healthy:
It is very important for an individual to have a good routine. If your routine is not balanced or good then you will have to face such small problems related to digestion throughout the day. Keep your daily routine right from morning tonight. Take your food at the right time If your daily routine is good, then your body will continue to move accordingly, by which the digestive system will also be cured.
2. Sleep Early :
Most of the people stay awake in the night for long hours, late due to work and due to their bad routine. They do not sleep early and get up late in the morning. Staying awake until late at night for long hours causes an adverse effect on the digestive system. If you stay awake till late night then there is an alteration in the digestive system. The best remedy is to change the habits of sleep
3. Take Proper Sleep:Sleep is deeply related to our body. Just like we need to eat food as same as we need to sleep too. It is also difficult to imagine good health without good sleep. Therefore, take good and proper sleep for 8 to 9 hours a day.
4. Drink More Water:Water is precious for us. Most of the people drink very little quantity of water. We should drink about 2 liters of water in a day. It fulfills the need of water in our body, which makes easier to digest the food easily. So drink plenty of water to maintain the proper functioning of the digestive system.
5.Stress Management-Stress has become an enemy of everyone in today’s life. Stress makes the man hollow from inside like a termite due to which the person starts suffering from many diseases. Taking excessive stress causes the digestive system to get worse. Therefore, remove the stress from your daily lifestyle.
6. Avoid Junk Food :
Everyone wants to eat tasty food. For this taste, we eat various fast foods. Some people like it less than some like it more. The one who likes it more becomes a victim of an altered digestive system. Use them in small quantity and replace it with healthy food.
7. Do Physical Work:
The digestive system of most of the people is weak who do not do any physical work. There are many people whose work is not physical. Such people can do some physical work in their daily routine. Add exercise to your daily routine, wake up early in the morning, or walk. Apart from this, you can add sports to your daily life or even do cycling.
8. Eat at the right time :
Eating food at the right time is a sign of good and proper health. From morning to night (breakfast to dinner), you should have the proper time to eat your meal. Our body molds us according to our daily routine. If we ever eat 1 hour before or an hour later then our food habits will be irregular every day which makes our digestive system disturbed.
9. Rule of proper intake of food:
It is a problem of many people that when they feel hungry, they do not eat anything and when they are not hungry, they keep on sticking something which is the wrong habit. At the right time, the body should be given properly balanced food and avoid the bad habit of eating food without need.
10. Avoid Alcohol and Cigarettes:
Alcohol and cigarettes are bad for our health. By consuming these continuously, our digestive system becomes impaired and many diseases also occur. Apart from this, avoid the consumption of tea and coffee.
11. Limit Your Food Intake:
Eating food more than the body’s requirement is not good for health. Due to excess eating, indigestion may occur. We should eat food according to our hunger. Many people eat more food for the taste and then they have to repent. So you should not do this. Always give more priority to your body than eating. By taking more food, we have more pressure on our digestive system which is not proper. This is why avoid and prevent yourself from these bad habits.
12. Avoid sitting for a longer period:
Avoid doing work by sitting for a longer period - If you’re working in an office, you have to work in front of a computer or on the chair, then you have to take a break in between. If you have to work continuously, take a few strides for a few minutes in a gap of every two hours.
13. Avoid oily foods
As our age increases, it becomes very difficult for us to digest oily foods. Eating more oily food can lead to vomiting, indigestion, and sourness. To avoid this, it is necessary to eat these things in a very small amount. Intake of oily food is a bit difficult to digest, so help your digestive system and eat less oily food.
14. Avoid fatty foods:
Avoid taking foods that contain excessive fat. Fat-rich substances slower down the digestion. If the digestive system is slow then it will take time to digest food. As soon as possible, take less fatty foods for the better digestive system.
15. Do Exercise daily:
Exercise is very beneficial for our body. Add exercise to your daily routine. Exercising daily boosts up the digestive fire. It maintains our body weight, which is good for our digestive health. So exercise daily and make good health.
Home remedies for Weak Digestive power:
1. Cardamom (Choti Hari Elaich) i- Cardamom consumption is very beneficial for a pregnant woman. It removes the digestive problems of a pregnant woman. You can take cardamom tea.
2. Take Ginger- Ginger forms the digestive juices and enzymes that digest the food in our body. Its juice prevents the digestion power from getting worse. You should consume ginger to correct the digestion related problems.
3. Lemon(Nimbu)- Lemon is very beneficial for our health. It solves many problems in our stomach when we consume it. Lemon treats the problem of indigestion and stomach gas problem. It is also beneficial for increasing our digestive power.
4. Intake of Salad- Add salad in your diet as it increases the pleasure of eating food. Eat a salad with food is also good for our health. If you want to digest the food well, then take a salad with food in which you can take lemons, tomatoes, and onions.
5. Intake of Guava– Guava is a very nutritious fruit. It is rich in vitamin C, phosphorus and potassium which are good for our health. By taking guava, brain, heart and digestive power are strengthened.
6. Fennel- To remove acidity and heartburn, you can take fennel for the proper digestion of food. By taking one teaspoon of fennel a day, the digestive tract remains good.7. Aloe Vera (Ghritkumari) - Use Aloe Vera to strengthen the digestion. Aloe Vera removes our digestion-related diseases, which includes swelling and stomach ulcers. You can use the Aloe Vera gel with water.
8. Use Turmeric(Haldi)- Turmeric removes indigestion, ulcers, bile and other problems related to digestion in our body. To remove problems related to digestion, take turmeric with a glass of water.
9. Intake of Amla(Indian Gooseberry) Amla (gooseberry) removes vitamin C deficiency in our body. Continuous intake of amla protects our digestive system from deforming. You can also grind the gooseberry and add black pepper, asafoetida and cumin seeds in it.
10. Consumption of papaya- Raw papaya is good for our health. Due to intestinal weakness, vitamins are not stored in the body so we can get vitamin C from papaya. It contains papain which divides the protein that makes the food easily digestible and makes the digestion process strong.
Other Useful Home Remedies
Apart from this, you should include sprouts, coriander, barley and wheat bread in the diet and keep taking fruits such as mango, pomegranate, fig, guava, and orange. These fruits will keep your stomach clean so your digestive system will become stronger.
1. Always chew the food – Chew your food properly, which makes the food to digest properly.
2. Intake of Buttermilk - Drinking buttermilk is good for our digestion. Include buttermilk in your food.
3. Drink Pomegranate Juice - Taking sweet pomegranate juice improves the gut flow and increases digestion power.
4. Celery- The digestive system remains correct by drinking celery by boiling in water.
5. Guava and sugar- Consuming sugar mixed with the leaves of guava keeps the digestive system healthy.
6. Harad- Marmalade of harad is also good for our digestion.
7. Lemon and black salt: Licking black salt on a lemon will treat indigestion.
8. Asafoetida- Use asafoetida as it helps to cure indigestion and acidity.
After the meal in the day, consume hingadi harad powder and consume Triphala powder at night before sleeping. It strengthens the digestion and subsides the stomach ache
Created on Aug 1st 2019 04:16. Viewed 255 times.