14 Amazing Health Benefits of Cinnamonby Dr Vikram Chauhan Doctor
- Cinnamon also known as Dalchini in many statesis a spice obtained from the inner bark and leaves of several trees genus Cinnamomum in the family Lauraceae, its scientific name is Cinnamomum Zeylanicum.
- Cinnamon has been used for centuries in Ayurvedic medicine to cure diseases like cancer, flu, and indigestion.
1.Cinnamon helps to treat Type 2 diabetes
- It is very true that there is no cure of type 2 diabetes but there is an effective spice which can be used to manage this disease. Research shows that cinnamon can help to manage this disease in two different ways.It reduces blood pressure and works on the muscle cells to remove sugar from the bloodstream.
2.Cinnamon can lower your bad cholesterol (or LDL
- Cinnamon is a herb that has a variety of uses. Cinnamon commonly belongs to its role in lowering blood sugar in diabetes. According to studies, scientists also found that, along with lowering glucose levels, cinnamon also lowers lipid levels.
- A few studies found that about 1 to 6 grams of cinnamon given as a supplement to an individual for up to 2 months can lower LDL cholesterol by up to 27%. Cinnamaldyhyde is a potential component found in cinnamon that helps to lower cholesterol levels.
3.Cinnamon has antifungal, antibacterial, and antiviral properties
- Spices have been used since ancient times. Their antimicrobial and antifungal properties increase the life of food products by acting against food borne pathogens. According to experts, Cinnamon can be used as part of a treatment for lung problems to the common cold.
4. Cinnamon can treat the symptoms of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease.
- Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases are two neurological abnormalities that are incurable as per allopathic science. According to survey, Cinnamon helps neurons and improves motor function in those patients who are suffering from Alzheimer’s or Parkinson diseases.
5. Cinnamon has anti-carcinogenic properties
- Cinnamon is a sweet spice used as a herbal remedies. It has anti-carcinogenic properties. A Polyphenol compound found in cinnamon affects the expression of genes that can slows spread of cancer cells and induces cancerous cell death.
- Cinnamon is a natural chemoprevention agent that has anti-tumor abilities. Cinnamon essential oils – cinnamyl aldehyde and cinnamic aldehyde are anti-tumor, anti-diabetic, antioxidant, antimicrobial with many other benefits.
6. Cinnamon can manage PCOS
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) is a disease with number of symptoms that have to be managed, and cinnamon is a wonderful spice of this management because it has a number of characteristics. Cinnamon can help in serious heavy menstrual bleeding associated with common conditions of female health, such as endometriosis, menorrhagia, and uterine fibroids.
7. Cinnamon Cuts the Risk of Heart Disease
- Cinnamon can reduce the risk of heart diseases. It is the world's most common cause of premature death. It reduces levels of total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol and triglycerides, also reduces blood pressure.
- If combined, all these factors drastically cut the risk of heart disease.
8. Cures Acne, Pimples and Blemishes
- Cinnamon contains antimicrobial properties that can cure skin problems. Cinnamon helps to remove acne and pimples on the face and body.
9. Complexion Enhancer
Cinnamon has an anti-fungal and anti-microbial property so it helps to enhance the complexion. Take a small banana, yogurt, cinnamon, and lime juice and mix all in a smooth paste. Apply on a clean face and leave it for 15 minutes, then wash with lukewarm water.
10. Prevents Skin Infections and Cures Cuts and Wounds
For all skin infection, make a paste of honey and cinnamon powder in equal proportions and apply it on the affected area. Cinnamon powder is use to cure cuts and wounds; simply dust some cinnamon powder to kill germs.
11. Treats Rough Feet
Cinnamon can soften rough and dry skin because of its rich antioxidant properties.
Cinnamon is also used to treat pain. Cinnamon reacts with prostaglandin that helps in contraction and relaxation of muscle.
13. Relieve from Cold
Cinnamon is a warming herb and used to cure cold and the flu. When cinnamon is added to ginger tea, it works wonders.
Arthritis causes pain and swelling in the joints and cinnamon helps reduce the symptoms up to a very good extent.
How Should I Add Cinnamon to My Diet?
- Cinnamon can be purchased in several forms, such as powder, cinnamon sticks, cinnamon bark oil, or capsules.
- Use on regular basis to get best results over the time.
Created on Nov 18th 2017 04:27. Viewed 1,016 times.