Overcoming Fertility Challengesby Joanne P. Health Enthusiast
Fertility beyond 30
As women age, fertility rates decline. This generally starts in our early 30s. While a lot of women happily have babies in their late 30s and early 40s, by the time most of us reach 35, the chances of conceiving a baby do go lower.
It has become common that women wait a while before having children. Our priorities change as the world turns at a faster pace than ever before. Some pursue high-powered careers, quite a number go for further education, others take their time to travel and do it often, and most just relish being single as they cross out goal after goal off their long lists.
So what happens when you finally decide you’re ready to start a family, but it has become elusive? It’s probably time to visit an In vitro fertilization clinic in Davao.
Speaking of lists…
If the baby-making journey isn’t going as well as you were hoping, here are some possible reasons why:
- Age - as mentioned, women over 35 have lower fertility rates
- Irregular menstrual cycle - this can be a sign of anovulation. This occurs when ovulation doesn’t happen during menstrual cycles.
- PCOS - Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, in simplistic terms, is the failure to ovulate. A lot of women can be unaware that they have PCOS.
- Health - if you’ve had radiation or chemotherapy, it can harm your fertility.
- Lifestyle - smoking, too much alcohol intake, being overweight or underweight, stress, and even doing a lot of strenuous exercises can affect fertility.
- Low sperm count or poor sperm quality of the partner - genetics and lifestyle can be the culprit.
And the list goes on
If you’ve been nodding at some of the factors on the list above and have heard about IVF, here are a few facts to remember:
- In layman’s terms, during IVF, mature eggs are collected from your ovaries and fertilized by sperm in a lab. In a petri dish, to be exact. The fertilized egg or embryo is then transferred to your uterus. An IVF cycle takes about three weeks.
- Yes, IVF can be an invasive and expensive undertaking, but the chances of having a baby are increased. A healthy pregnancy and in turn, a healthy baby can be expected. IVF is a great option for couples or singles who are not in any rush to conceive as the procedure can be done with frozen eggs or sperm.
If you’ve given this a lot of thought and want to learn more about your options, visit an IVF clinic in Davao today.
Created on Sep 23rd 2019 04:47. Viewed 203 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.