How to Perform “Reset Factory Settings” on a Toshiba Laptop?by Tech Support Technical Support
Is your Toshiba laptop working slow or crashing frequently? You might want to reset it back to the factory settings. And if you are looking out for the steps to know how to reset the laptop then you are at the right place. In the information provided in this article, I have covered up the step-by-step process for reset factory settings.
After going through these steps, you would not need help from Toshiba desktop support team. However, if you skip or miss any step, reaching out to Toshiba laptop support team is recommended. Before you check out the steps, I would like to mention this for your knowledge that there may be a slight difference in performing these steps in different models of Toshiba laptops.
Resetting a Toshiba laptop without recovery CD
Please note that most of the laptops by this Japanese multinational company don’t come with the recovery CD. Instead of that, they have a hidden partition on the hard drive that further includes the system’s drivers along with the operating system needed to restore your laptop and make it perform like the day it came out of the box. So, if you also find any such partition on the hard drive, the task of reset factory settings would be a child’s play for you.
However, if you wish to perform the same task using a CD, you can burn the partition (I just talked about) in order to create your own DVD or CD recovery disk. As of now, let’s talk about resetting the factory settings without a recovery CD. Here are the steps:
1. Turn off your laptop by opening up the Start menu and then selecting shut down
2. Remove all the peripheral devices and external devices from your laptop. These devices may include the following:
a. USB hubs
b. Thumb drives
c. Bluetooth adapters
3. Now, connect your Toshiba laptop to the AC power adapter
4. Turn on your laptop and press and hold down the 0 (Zero) key
5. Release the key when you see a warning message on the screen of the laptop
6. Select the most appropriate operating system when the recovery process gives you an option to choose the operating system
7. You will now see one more warning message notifying you that you will loss all the data after you reset factory settings
a. Make sure you back up the important data in advanced
8. Click Yes to continue with the recovery process
9. The Toshiba Recovery Wizard will open
10. On the wizard, you will find an option “Recovery of Factory Software”
11. Choose that option and follow the on-screen instructions
12. It’s done!
While performing the aforementioned process of resetting factory settings in your Toshiba laptop, if you face any difficulty or after following the steps, if you are unable to accomplish the task, then don’t hesitate in contacting the Toshiba desktop support number. The team of technicians working at the support center holds years of experience in dealing with all the errors and issues associated with the Toshiba laptops, desktops, notebooks, and other products. To connect with them, all you need to do is call on the support number and a technician will respond within a maximum time of 60 seconds. The technician will firstly provide you manual troubleshooting steps to get rid of the problem. For any reason, if you fail to perform those troubleshooting steps on your Toshiba laptop, he/she will take your permission to generate or establish a highly secure remote connection. Rest assured; your problem will get resolved by the professionals only.
Created on Mar 14th 2018 13:44. Viewed 395 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.