How Do I Scan a Document to My Toshiba Laptop?by Tech Support Technical Support
Toshiba, the world’s leading Japanese brand is engaged in manufacturing a variety of tech products such as printers, laptops, desktops, accessories, photocopiers, fax machines, and more. These products are the true epitome of innovation and quality. The manufacturing of every Toshiba product is done keeping in mind the growing demand of techies as well as the advancement in the technology.
Like the other products, Toshiba printers have also been manufactured with the latest technology. These printers can not only print a document but also comes up with a functionality of scanning a document. You can both print and scan a document simultaneously, which further saves time and extra efforts. You can scan one or multiple documents in one go. Apart from this, connecting the Toshiba scanner/printer to the Toshiba laptop is also a child’s play.
And if you have already connected it to your laptop and wondering how to scan a document then we are here to help you with some easy steps for the same. (Please remember that almost all the Toshiba laptops use Windows operating system by default and the steps for scanning a document to your laptop may vary from model to model. So, if the steps provided here doesn’t work on your Toshiba laptop then avail Toshiba technical support services and ask an expert for the same.) Have a look at the below-provided information:
1. Switch on your laptop
2. After the Windows finishes up the booting up process, insert the Toshiba scanner’s USB cable into any of the USB port available on your Toshiba laptop
3. Wait for your laptop to automatically detect the new device (scanner) plugged into it
4. After detecting, the laptop will also automatically install the drivers required for the scanner
a. Kindly note that the entire process of detecting a new device and then installing its driver is automatic. However, in some cases, you may have to click OK or Next. So, proceed accordingly through the series of installation steps.
5. When you see the message “the drivers have been successfully installed and the scanner is now ready for user”, open the Windows Start menu
a. The aforementioned message will appear in the notification bar, which is generally located at the bottom left corner of the screen
6. From the Start menu, click All Programs
7. This will display all the programs installed on your laptop
8. Simply select Windows Photo Gallery
a. Even if you are scanning a document, it is recommended to choose Windows Photo Gallery in order to initiate a high-resolution scan
b. Also, remember that the Microsoft Office’s Form Scanner is no longer available, so you cannot use it for scanning purpose
c. This Windows Photo Gallery is mainly included in Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7. For Windows 10, choose Photos from All Programs
9. After the Windows Photo Gallery completes loading, click File
10. You can locate this File button at the top left corner of the screen (The icon for this button resembles to a piece of paper)
11. Now, click “Import from a camera or scanner”
a. This will display the list of all the available scanners, cameras along with the other imaging devices
12. Choose the scanner you have just connected to the laptop
a. If you are unable to connect the scanner here, simply call Toshiba technical support team
13. Click Import and a new window will open (New Scan)
14. From the drop-down menu entitled Profile
15. The Profile will generally be set to Photo
16. Choose Documents from the available profile options
17. Hit the Scan button available just right to the New Scan window
18. You can monitor the progress of scanning in the progress bar
19. When the scanning completes, you can see this scanned document in the subfolder of your Toshiba laptop’s Picture folder
20. The default name of the sub-folder will be the current date and the document will generally be named “01”
Hope the information was useful!
Created on Apr 19th 2018 14:14. Viewed 199 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.