How To Pair Alexa With Your Windows PC?by Victoria Parker Digital Marketer
Amazon Alexa enables its users with a wide range of features which can be operated with the help of simple voice command. If you are looking for a way to connect Alexa to your PC, then you can refer to the tips mentioned below.
Windows 10 users most likely have the Alexa app already installed in their computer. You can either directly choose the Alexa application to use voice command on your computer, or you can also opt Amazon Echo device to connect with your computer.
After pairing Amazon Alexa with your computer, you can use it to conveniently turn on your computer at any time by using your voice. Moreover, a user can also interact with their device, which has Alexa enabled on it, and users can even convert the paired echo device into a speaker for their computer.
Getting started with Alexa
Windows 10 comes with preinstalled Alexa application, which users can directly use to access, Alexa services on their computer. To start using Alexa with your computer, follow the steps given below.
- Head to the “Start” menu and choose the “Alexa on Windows” application.
- Now choose “Set up Amazon Alexa” option from the popped up display screen.
- Then choose the “Continue” button from the Terms and Conditions window.
- After that, choose the desired settings as you please and then hit “Finish Setup.” Settings can also be changed after the setup is finished.
- Now choose the “Sign In” option to initiate the Amazon account or make a new account if you don’t have an Amazon account.
By following the steps mentioned above, an individual can easily avail Alexa on their computer. Once the setup is finished, you can command Alexa to switch on your computer if it is in sleep mode. You can also use Echo devices as speakers for your computer, refer to the steps below to do so.
- Sign In or create your Alexa account by visiting alexa.amazon.com.
- Now select the “Settings” option from the left side of the panel.
- Then select your Echo device from a list of available devices.
- After that, select “Bluetooth” option.
- Now choose “Pair a new device” to enable Bluetooth on Alexa device.
- Head to the “Search box” on your PC from the “Start menu.”
- Now enter “Bluetooth” inside the search box and choose “Bluetooth settings” option from “System settings.”
- Assure that Bluetooth services are enabled on your PC and your system is discoverable.
- Now choose “Add Bluetooth or Other devices” and then select “Bluetooth” from underneath Device Type.
- And then choose your Echo device from the list of available Bluetooth devices. And then hit “Done.”
Hopefully, you managed to connect your Echo device with ease on your computer and use it as a speaker.
Victoria Parker, an employee currently living in USA and working at a top email service provider company in the day, and a technical writer at night. I am passionate about writing troubleshooting tips, beginner’s guides, news, and other articles on varied topics like Quickbooks Support Number, Quickbooks Support etc.
Created on Jun 4th 2019 01:52. Viewed 58 times.