How to Reset IP Address on a Windows PC
by Victoria Parker Digital Marketer
You can release and renew the IP
address on a Windows PC to reset the IP address and doing so also helps in
fixing common problems linked with IP address. The process of resetting the IP
address is compatible with all versions of Windows.
How to Use the Command Prompt?
• Go to the Start menu. Press on the Windows
symbol given in the end left-hand side of the display.
• Enter Command Prompt in the search bar. Now,
the system starts finding the Command Prompt application.
• Press on the Command Prompt option. You will
get this option on the upper side of the Start menu. After tapping on this
option, it will open the command prompt window.
• Enter ipconfig. The command starts searching
and showing the system IP address.
• Tap on the Enter button. Once you have clicked
on this button, it will start showing the Command prompt window on the desktop.
• Go through the recent IP address of the
• Type the release command. Enter ipconfig/
release and after that, click on the Enter button. This procedure will delete
the IP address of the system and turn off the internet connection from the
• Wait until the procedure gets complete after a
• Type the renew command. Enter ipconfig/ renew
on the command prompt window. Once you have typed it, the resetting process of
IP address gets completed on the Windows PC and also the internet connectivity.
• In case you will get the same IP address on
the screen which you have entered before, then this means the IP address you
have already entered is consider the best IP address, so there is no need to
How to Reboot the Home Network?
• You need to start the system again. Click on
the Start menu, press on the Power button and after that, press on the Shutdown
option located in the start menu.
• Disconnect the power cords from the Wi-Fi
modem for a few seconds.
• Disconnect the Wi-Fi router.
• You have to disconnect everything for a few
• Connect the power cords in the Wi-Fi modem and
• Restart your system. Click on the Power button
on the system and let the system get restarted.
• Now, you can pair to the home network.
Victoria Parker, an employee
currently living in USA and working at a top email service provider company in
the day, and a technical writer at night. I am passionate about writing
troubleshooting tips, beginner’s guides, news, and other articles on varied
topics like QuickBooks
Support, QuickBooks Support Number etc.
Created on May 8th 2019 01:09. Viewed 456 times.