How to keep Laminate Surfaces Well- Maintained and Cleanby Greenlam Laminates Home Improvement
Laminates today have become the most sought after surfacing material, primarily because of their multifarious use. Laminates are available in a variety of finishes and colors, and are durable and inexpensive. Moreover, they are heat and stain resistant which makes them easier to maintain, and durable. However, just like any other material, with constant use, even a low maintenance product such as laminates can give in to wear and tear, and might need a certain degree of maintenance.
Mentioned below are some of the tips which if followed, can help the laminate surfaces stay shiny and bright for years to come.
1. One of the most basic maintenance steps that you should carry out is to dust the laminate surface on a regular basis. You can use a soft cotton cloth to dust the surfaces. This will help the surface stay free from dirt and grime.
2. While dusting the surface, if you notice any stain, then use a little water to clean the same. Use a sponge or rag and rub the surface gently. Remember that you should use very little amount of water and remove it immediately as otherwise the water may harm the surface.
3. In case dusting and using water does not help in removing the stain, the next option that is available is rubbing it clean with a mild detergent or a hand wash. You should rub the area gently using the soap or detergent and clean off the area immediately with clean water. Do not allow the water or the soap to sit on the surface.
4. In case all of the above mentioned solutions don’t work, use a special cleaning solution. You can always buy such solutions from any hardware shop or grocery store. However, you should buy one that is meant for laminate surfaces only as otherwise it may cause permanent damage to the laminate. Even when using a cleaning solution, do not apply it to the surface directly as it may stain the surface. Instead, you should spray the solution on the cleaning pad or mop and then clean the surface.
5. Do not use dyes, hard scrubbers or strong chemical cleaners as those might leave cuts and scratches on the surface.
It is important to keep in mind that moisture and dampness can damage laminate surfaces, and exposure to direct sunlight can cause the color of the laminate to fade; so you should keep the laminated furniture away from water as well as sunlight. Even though the new varieties of laminates are abrasion resistant, you should refrain from using steel scrubbers or any sharp objects on the surface.
The best laminate manufacturers in Singapore and other countries, along with high quality laminates, also offer cleaning and maintenance instructions to the customers, so that the laminate can last longer. Additionally, you can also refer to the laminates catalogue provided by the manufacturers to understand how to increase the shelf life of their products.
Created on Dec 19th 2017 03:38. Viewed 345 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.