Understanding the Different Types of Laminatesby Greenlam Laminates Home Improvement
If you are planning to renovate your living room and are looking for an affordable yet durable material with which to surface your furniture, wall panels or anything for that matter, then you can choose compact laminates. These types of laminates are made using sheets of Kraft paper, after they have been submerged in resin and subsequently dried. After this, all these layers are put together under high pressure and temperature and are then flattened and parched. Then the polymerization process takes place, during which all the layers are fused to create a solid-core panel. This solid core panel is known as compact laminate that is extremely durable.
Compact laminates are known to be very strong and affordable, and have long been used as bathroom stall dividers, lab tabletops, and for restroom cabinets. Also, there are certain commercial organizations that have created unique conference desks, and task table designs with these robust laminate panels. These laminates have also been extensively used as exterior cladding for commercial buildings across the world.
Not only can you find this type of laminate material used in homes, but also in high traffic areas like restaurants, hotels, offices, shopping malls, hospitals, schools and colleges. Laminate manufacturers offer a varied range of laminates that can be used for different purposes such as:
1. Exterior Grade Cladding: As the name suggests, these laminates are used as external cladding, forming a protective upper layer to protect the building from harsh climatic conditions and to give it a unique yet colorful look.
2. Interior Grade Laminates: These laminates come in a varied range of colors and textures that can be used for redecorating or surfacing kitchen and bathroom interiors.
3. Compact Laminates: These are ideal for surfacing all kinds of surfaces and can be installed easily as these require no adhesive or edging. A sturdy product, compact laminates can withstand damage a lot better than other types of laminates, and this makes it a smart, cost effective choice. It is perfect for locations that experience heavy footfall, and because it is resistant to water, it is ideal to be used in the kitchen and bathroom areas of your home or office.
4. Lab Guardian: Lab Guardian laminates are manufactured using special ingredients like EBC acrylic resins that help in providing protection to the surface from any chemical attack or accidents.
5. Unicore Compact: This type of laminates are known for their attractive solid surface and perfect finish and are ideal for hiding cuts and scratches on the surface. In addition to this, unicore compact laminates help prevent the growth of bacteria.
6. Reflection Compact: The reflection compact laminates are known for their superior print quality and can give a unique look to the surface when installed. They contain anti-bacterial properties that thwart the development of bacteria.
These are some of the most common types of laminates offered by most of the well-known laminate companies in Mexico and other countries.
When choosing a laminate company, make sure that you choose one that is reliable and offers good quality eco-friendly products that are ISO certified. Additionally, you should check the customer reviews and testimonials before finalizing the company you want to procure the laminates from.
Created on Dec 13th 2017 03:43. Viewed 315 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.