Reasons for the popularity of laminatesby Greenlam Laminates Home Improvement
Laminates are essentially made using sheets of Kraft-paper, which are stuck together under high pressure and temperature. They are also treated with chemical resins in order to impart them with stiffness and strength. The variations in the design and patterns of the laminates come from its top layer. From furniture to walls, laminates are a commonly used surfacing material for various bases.
What makes laminates so popular?
The usage of laminates as surfacing materials has become an increasingly popular choice for architects and interior decorators. The primary reasons for that are:
1. Reasonable price: Being made of Kraft paper, laminates are much cheaper than any other material that uses hard wood. Laminates are capable of replicating the natural beauty of wood when used in surfacing the furniture, that too at a fraction of the cost.
2. Durability: Being highly strong and durable, laminates are capable of withstanding rough usage. They are not prone to cracking very easily.
3. Scratch resistance: Furniture and other surfaces, like slabs and counters, are prone to being scratched in daily use. But once you apply laminate sheets on such surfaces, you do not have to worry about it anymore. The scratch resistant property of laminates protects your furniture, and keeps it as good as new.
4. Weather resistance: There are many materials which are unable to stand high heat or moisture. But laminates are not one of them. They are highly suitable for both, the kitchen area where the temperature is comparatively higher, as well as the basement area where the moisture content is quite high.
5. Easy maintenance: Laminates are extremely easy to clean, and it just takes a few minutes of mopping or vacuuming to make them look as good as new.
Go for the best laminate manufacturer you can based on the region that you live in. For instance, if you are residing in US, procure laminates from the best laminate companies in USA, to be sure about the quality as well as the laminate’s longevity.
While being extremely practical and efficient, using laminates does not compromise with the aesthetic quality of your house. In fact, it enhances it. With varying colors, textures, designs, and patterns, laminates lend a sophisticated and chic touch to every base they are applied on.
Aided by superior technology, laminate manufacturers have now come up with fire retardant laminates as well. They are treated with chemicals which delay the rise of temperature. This makes these laminates a much needed safety essential in kitchens.
Some of the ways in which one can style their home with laminates are:
1. Furniture: Due to its exceptional qualities, laminates are a smart choice for surfacing the tables, chairs, sofa, stools, beds, etc. Using high gloss laminates, widely available in USA and other regions, one can make their furniture a lot more attractive.
2. Shelves: The durability and material strength of laminates makes them a suitable choice for wall shelves.
3. Kitchen counter tops: Usage of fire retardant laminates in the kitchen ensures better safety, and at the same time accentuates the style quotient of the kitchen.
4. Wall highlights: Painted walls are trends from the yesteryears. Laminates are the way to style your walls today. Attractive laminated wall paneling can go a long way in making your home décor look exceedingly classy.
These are just a handful of ways to use laminates for your home; there are lots of other ways in which you can inculcate laminates in your house. Pick and choose laminate designs as per your home’s aesthetics, and you’ll be good.
Created on Dec 6th 2017 04:59. Viewed 394 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.