How to Get Top Asthma Treatment Guidelines?by jiva ayurveda Jivaayurveda
Asthma is basically a respiratory disease that is the result of narrowing of the airways. This happens as the body’s response to a trigger such as exposure to cold air, allergens in the air, emotional stress or maybe heavy exercise. When the air passage narrows, the patients show symptoms like tightness of the chest, wheezing of the noise while breathing, coughing and even shortness of breath.
As per Ayurveda, Asthma is caused by accumulation of Kapha in the air passage. The air passage narrows down because of the blockage caused by Kapha. This results, to the flow of air to the lungs is interrupted, which causes the patient to experience difficulty in breathing. Ayurveda also says that Asthma is usually caused because of the excessive intake of vata, by consumption of kapha aggravating food, by weakening of the lung tissues, and because of the problems caused by lung diseases. Environmental and lifestyle factors also play an important role in causing of asthma.
As per Ayurvedic asthma treatment, bad digestion is the major cause. This is because when the digestive system is weak, your body becomes oversensitive to dust, pollen and other substances that can trigger an asthma attack. Deposits of ama in the lungs and the respiratory tract thus creates the obstruction in breathing which causes wheezing or coughing. The Ayurvedic treatment focuses on restoring digestion with the help of herbal preparations along with right diet and lifestyle changes. The treatment works on pacifying Kapha and cleansing toxins from the body.
Some dietary changes suggested by the best Ayurvedic centers in India that help with Asthma:
- You should consume pulses like old rice, wheat, barley, kulattha, mung beans, arhar beans, etc.
- Consuming honey and warm drinks like herbal teas and spice teas are beneficial.
- Sprouts, nuts and seeds should be consumed in moderate amount.
- Heavy foods that causes ama formation must be avoided. Such food includes milk products like cheese, curd, butter milk, creams, and banana, etc.
- You must avoid oily, greasy and fried foods as they are difficult to digest.
- You must avoid White flour and white sugar products.
- You should avoid cold foods, cold drinks and other refrigerated things.
- Try avoiding excessive or physically demanding exercise. Yoga and Pranayama can actually be beneficial.
Along with the diet changes these are some of the home remedies that would provide relief:
- You can prepare a mixture by taking powdered dried ginger root, black pepper and long pepper in equal amounts. Then, have ½ teaspoon of this powder mixed with ½ teaspoon of honey twice a day with lukewarm water.
- You can take 11 guava leaves, 11 black pepper, a cup of milk and a cup of water. Put all of them together and bring them to boil, when it is reduced to one cup, then drink it on empty stomach.
- You can also boil cumin seeds in water and inhale the steam. It is beneficial in dilating the bronchial passage.
- You can take 5 gm of ginger, black pepper, cardamom, clove, cinnamon, turmeric along with 30 gm of sugar. Make a powdered mixture and take half to one teaspoon of this mixture with honey twice a day.
Created on Jan 10th 2018 01:19. Viewed 319 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.