Understanding Allergy Treatments to Obtain Optimum Reliefby jiva ayurveda Jivaayurveda
Allergies are an extreme form of the reaction of the body's immune system to certain substances that it fails to identify or misidentifies to be harmful. This kind of extreme reaction of the immune system is called an allergic reaction and the substance that causes this reaction is called allergens. Allergic reactions usually manifest themselves in the form of very commonly seen skin and respiratory disorders such as eczema, hives, hay fever, asthma and food allergies.
Allergies are caused both internally and externally. Internal factors that cause allergies include heredity, sex, race and age. But there are also external factors that can cause allergy and that includes alterations in exposure to infectious diseases at a young age, environmental pollution, allergen levels and dietary changes.
As per Ayurveda, allergy is a disorder that is caused by impaired digestion, that is why its initial symptoms include indigestion, constipation or diarrhea. This kind of dysfunction in our digestive process can be caused by hypersensitivity to certain substances that the body might not identify, such as dust and pollen. Deposition of toxins in the form of mucus in the lungs and the respiratory tract might create the obstruction in breathing which causes wheezing, coughing or sneezing.
Every time a person comes in contact with an allergen, all the three doshas get imbalanced, and toxins that are released due to the imbalanced Doshas, leads to specific symptoms. For instance, if the Pitta Dosha is imbalanced, it releases heating toxins that accumulates in the deep tissues like the nutrient plasma, blood, muscles and lymphatic. These toxins also cause contamination of the deeper tissues that leads to a host of symptoms of different skin allergies. Similarly, if Kapha is imbalanced, the toxins get accumulated in the respiratory tracts, causing a blockage and in return causing respiratory allergies.
At the best ayurvedic centers in India, Ayurvedic treatment for allergy focuses on pacifying the imbalanced dosha, restoring digestion with the help of herbal preparations, and also with a certain change in diet and lifestyle. Some Ayurvedic tonics are also given by the specialists to build up the strength of the lungs.
The diet and lifestyle changes that are suggested are:
- You must eat at least 2 hours before going to bed.
- You should drink warm water or even herbal tea throughout the day as it is beneficial.
- You must avoid heavy foods like dairy products, fried foods, cold foods, rice, beans and legumes.
- You should reduce the use of spices, pickles and chilies in cooking should and also take honey, nuts and seeds in moderate amount.
- You should also avoid excessive or physically demanding exercise.
- Indulge in Yoga and breathing exercises as it is helpful.
Along with these, you can also opt for home remedies for allergy treatment like:
- You can take 200 ml carrot juice or a combination of carrot juice, beet and cucumber juices and prepare 200 ml of mixed juice. Drink this for relief during allergies.
- You can squeeze half a lime in a glass of lukewarm water and sweeten it with honey. Then, take it once daily first thing in the morning as it not only flushes out toxins from the system but also acts as an anti-allergic agent.
Created on Nov 12th 2017 11:25. Viewed 587 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.