How to Get Rid of QuickBooks Error 12002by Justin Conner Accounting Helpline
The most popular accounting application QuickBooks is preferred by numerous small and mid-sized business for their daily business bookkeeping activities. For the ease of users, QuickBooks is also available in Online version that can be accessed from anywhere in the world. QuickBooks is a robust application developed by experts however, as like other applications, it sometimes encounters errors that can affect the performance of the application. Today in this article, we will discuss QuickBooks Error 12002. Whenever a user tries to run payroll to pay the employees, QuickBooks displays an error code 12002. Further, in the article, you will find the troubleshooting method to resolve the error so follow the complete article for detailed information.
What is QuickBooks Error 12002?
QuickBooks encounters so many errors when it cannot verify user’s identity. Error 12002 is a payroll error that appears when you access payroll in QuickBooks. You might get an error message “Problem The PIN you entered is not valid. Solution Re-enter your PIN. Your PIN must be between 8 and 12 characters and include at least one letter and one number. Make sure that Caps Lock and Num Lock is turned off and that you enter your PIN carefully. [Message Code 12002]” once encountered the error. Down below we have listed a simple method to reset the payroll PIN to resolve the QB error 12002.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error 12002
1. Restart your Windows computer and try to run payroll for your employees once again.
2. On your Windows computer use an admin account to log in.
3. Verify internet connectivity and make sure you are able to connect with the internet.
4. From the Uninstall a Program section of your computer under the Control Panel select QuickBooks and chose the option to repair the application.
5. Run the payroll update and then try to send the payroll once again.
1. Make sure that the payroll PIN you are using is having 8-12 characters.
2. The PIN must contain at least one number and one letter.
3. Try to write the PIN in a text file to make sure it is correct.
In case none of the troubleshooting helps then we will need to reset the payroll PIN in order to resolve the error. For detailed instructions on how to change payroll PIN and how to remove message code 1000, which is another payroll PIN error, follow our article How to Fix QuickBooks Message Code 1000. You can also get in touch with us at (844)-888-4666 for quick support and guidance.
Created on May 9th 2019 10:02. Viewed 477 times.