How to Fix QuickBooks Desktop Freezes When Opening, Can’t Move or Close?by Adelina Martin Bookkeeping & Accounting Solution For Small Busine
QuickBooks desktop freezing up issue is usually seen, while working on the application. This generates a new off-screen window that runs in the background, which doesn’t close when you try to shut it down. The user might face such an issue while installing the QuickBooks desktop edition, that the user might encounter this issue as the installer might freeze for a couple of seconds or even stop responding to the commands of the user.
To learn how to resolve QuickBooks desktop freezing up problem, make sure to read this post carefully till the end, or you can get in touch with the QuickBooks assistance team and discuss your query with the experts and certified QB professionals.
Factors causing the QuickBooks Desktop Freezing Up or Crashing Problem
· Windows operating system is outdated
· User account is enabled
· Company name might be too long
· DDF and the user preference files get damage somehow
· The file doesn’t allow the user to work on the windows
· Or if the windows operating system is damaged or corrupted
QuickBooks Keeps Freezing Problem with Suitable Steps
Follow the below given steps in order to troubleshoot the QuickBooks desktop freezes up problem:
Method 1: Run QuickBooks install diagnostic tool to fix the error
In order to resolve the QuickBooks desktop freezing up issue, the user can carry out the steps below and run QuickBooks install diagnostic tool to fix the issue.
- First of all, the user will have to download the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
- And then, save the file on the desktop when asked to
- Once done with that, the user will have to close all the running programs and then run the QB install diagnostic tool
- After that wait till the process completes
- Also, reboot the system and ensure that the elements are updated properly
Method 2: Changing the DAT and DDF files
- Another method is to change the DAT and DDF files, by closing the company files on the system
- And then, look for the company directory and rename DAT to OldUserPRef.DAT
- Once done with that delete each file having DDF extension
- Also, open the company and click on confirm to save the payments from the same directory
- The last step is to click on print to print successfully
Towards the end, we believe that the information stated above might help in fixing the QuickBooks desktop freezing up issue. In case the software continues to freeze, then contact QuickBooks enterprise technical support professionals. The accounting experts will ensure to provide you with immediate technical assistance.
Created on Nov 2nd 2020 04:11. Viewed 311 times.