Converting a QuickBooks for Windows file to QuickBooks for Macby Adelina Martin Bookkeeping & Accounting Solution For Small Busine
Moving from QuickBooks windows file to QuickBooks for Mac, is a great idea. This conversion will transfer all the regular transactions, employee, customers, and vendors data. Also, the data will be converted to a Mac compatible file. There are various other factors involved in this process to convert a QuickBooks for windows file to QuickBooks for Mac, which we will be discussing later in this post.
However, if you have any query, or in case of any technical assistance, you can get in touch with certified QuickBooks support professionals. ProAdvisors team of experts will ensure to provide you with the best possible support services.
How to convert QuickBooks for windows file to QuickBooks for Mac?
In case the user is moving from QuickBooks desktop for windows to mac, then he/she needs not to start over. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
Step 1: On the windows system
- The user will first have to update QuickBooks desktop for windows to the latest release
- After that, the user needs to open the file as the admin
- The user will then have to move to the file menu and then pick the utilities tab. Also, the user will have to select the copy company file for QuickBooks mac, and then carry out onscreen instructions. QuickBooks will create a MAC.qbb file
- The user should then ensure that the data isn’t converted from windows. And click on Yes
- Now, move to the folder to save the file and then name the file and also select save
- After that, move the file to the mac by using any storage device like the USB flash drive
Step 2: Restore the Mac.qbb backup on the Mac
- The user will first have to update QuickBooks desktop for to the latest release
- And then, copy the backup to the documents folder on the mac
- The user needs to reopen the QuickBooks desktop for mac and then choose the file and also open the company option
- Now, select the Mac.qbb file and choose close
· After that, the user will have to select ok tab, in case he/she is looking to restore a QuickBooks for windows file
· Lastly, the user needs to enter a name for the restored file and choose Save
Towards the end of this post, we believe that you will be able to successfully convert a QuickBooks for windows file to QuickBooks for Mac.
In case of any difficulty of for any further technical assistance, you can get in touch with QuickBooks enterprise customer support team at their toll-free helpline number i.e. 1-800-761-1787. And leave the rest on the team of accounting professionals.
Read also: How to fix QuickBooks Error Code 6123, 0
Created on Oct 5th 2020 02:35. Viewed 243 times.