Advantages and disadvantages of vinyl siding.by Ivan Q. programmer
Vinyl siding has a special composition, 80% of which is polyvinyl chloride. It was this ingredient that gave the product its name. However, there are manufacturers on the market that reduce the amount of polyvinyl chloride to 70% in order to lower the cost of the material itself. This method has a negative impact on the technical characteristics of siding. But such products are also in demand, as some buyers are attracted by the low price.
If you do not want to save on the quality of the material for decoration, pay attention to the price category. There are options where recycled materials are used in an amount of 5%, located only in the lower layers of the sheet. In such a material, calcium carbonate is present in an amount of 15%, which fills the structure of the canvas.
The titanium dioxide content reaches 10%, and this component is located in the upper layers of the material. This ingredient is responsible for the stability of the structure. And also the additive allows the material not to change the light, since titanium dioxide prevents the harmful effects of sunlight.
Other additives that are present in vinyl siding are contained in lower doses and are aimed at increasing mechanical strength. In the list of components there are different pigments that are responsible for the color scheme of the material.
Vinyl siding has many advantages that you should familiarize yourself with before buying.
- Long term of operation. The manufacturer of this material provides a guarantee for its product, which is several tens of years.
- Affordable cost. Vinyl siding is cheaper than metal counterparts.
- The main advantage of such a siding is its versatility and attractive appearance. With this material you can sheathe any object, regardless of what raw material it is made of. The product will help to hide many of the imperfections of the wall and make the room attractive due to its beautiful colors.
- Facade panels are resistant to mechanical stress and adverse climatic conditions. Positive characteristics are observed at temperatures from -50 to +50 degrees.
- PVC is not afraid of insect attacks. And also this product is not prone to mold and mildew.
- Easy installation and light weight. When installing this coating does not require the use of additional training and an ideal base.
- Preservation of natural ventilation. The panels provide full air access to the wall.
- Fire safety. Due to the reagents that are present in the composition of the material, the toxicity of siding is reduced. It does not burn, which a plastic analogue cannot boast of. PVC begins to melt, but it does not support the combustion process.
- Easy care. Such material does not require regular dyeing and specialized treatments every year. The selected color will delight your eye throughout its life. To clean the facade of dirt, an ordinary hose is enough.
- PVC has heat-insulating qualities.
- Many users choose this finish option, as the product is environmentally friendly.
- A wide selection of textures. You can choose a finish that imitates wood, stone surfaces, wet plaster and other variations.
- Due to the lock mechanism you can carry out the installation of panels with your own hands.
Despite the many advantages vinil siding panels has disadvantages.
- Panels cannot be repaired. If one of the sections is damaged, it must be replaced. In this situation, metal siding is better.
- During installation, you will need to take into account the likelihood of compression and stretching of panels during temperature changes.
- If you do not have the necessary skills that will be required to install the casing, it is best to seek the help of specialists.
Created on Nov 19th 2019 11:50. Viewed 328 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.