Symptoms of Kidney Cancerby Shipra Sharma Kidney Treatment in Ayurveda What is kidney cancer?
You might be familiar with renal failure when kidneys lose their ability to filter out toxins and waste from the blood. But kidney cancer is a different condition in which kidney’s cells become cancerous and grow apparently, thereby forming a tumor.
When kidney cancers appear in the lining of tiny tubules of the kidney, it is called renal cell carcinoma however, treatable with Ayurvedic medications when diagnosed at the early stage. But if you do not pay attention these tumors can grow severe and may prove life-threatening.
What causes kidney cancer?
Mostly, youngsters or adolescents are under the risk of kidney cancer called Wilms’ tumor but it happens in an individual older than age 40. Doctors still are confused with the risk factors involved with kidney tumor but they are confirmed that it occurs when kidney cells receive mutation in genes. The mutation forces the cells to grow and multiply rapidly. These abnormal cells thereby form a tumor that can extend beyond the kidney also to some distinctive parts of the body.
Several risk factors that can increase the risk of kidney cancer include:
- Dialysis: Those who receive long-term treatment, dialysis for kidney failure are more at the risk of having kidney cancer.
- Inherited conditions: People who are born with some inherited conditions may have an increased risk of kidney related tumors. Those conditions include tuberous sclerosis complex or hereditary papillary renal cell carcinoma.
- Obesity: If you are being overweight than you are at a higher risk of the tumor than those who are average weight.
- Smoking: If you smoke cigarette or take nicotine in some way than the other, then for you, the risk of kidney cancer is twice that of non inhalers.
- Taking excess of antibiotics: When you take much of the over the counter medications, then your kidney’s cells are more susceptible to damage.
- Having high blood pressure: Hypertension for a prolonged time can also make you in danger of kidney cancer.
- Exposure to metallic toxins: For instance, exposure to cadmium or other herbicides can increase the risk of various cancers in the body.
What are the symptoms of kidney cancer?
An individual may or may not have early symptoms of kidney tumors but as the tumor grows extreme, symptoms may appear in the body. These may include:
- Blood in the urine
- Food intolerance
- Swelling in the ankles, feet or legs
- Pain in the side
- Unexplained weight loss
- Fever, which usually comes and goes
- Shortness of breath
- Coughing up blood
- Bone pain
Diagnosing kidney cancer
Upon noticing signs of kidney tumor, it is necessary to consult your doctor and get the condition diagnose with the help of certain tests. Besides, you will also need a physical examination to test history of the problem in your family.
The doctor will check your abdomen for lumps and check your blood pressure and other things. Further tests will also be done, these may include:
- Urine tests
- Blood tests
- A CT scan to check the pictures of your kidneys
- Magnetic resonance imaging also called MRI
- Renal arteriogram: To evaluate how blood is supplying to the tumor. This may help check small tumors in your kidneys.
What are the treatments to cure kidney cancer?
If off chance, you get diagnose and know the stage of kidney cancer, your doctor may advise treatment accordingly. Kidney cancer is one of the extreme conditions that may harm your overall health. There are some surgeries out there but they do cannot remove the entire tumor completely because some kidney cells cannot be seen even in the surgery.
There is another alternative to cure your kidney tumor and that safe treatment is an Ayurvedic one. The Ayurvedic treatment works naturally to cure damaged cells of the kidney with the use of Ayurvedic herbs. Some herbal extracts in nature promote well being by focusing on the Doshas (the fundamentals) of the body.
If you wish to know more about Ayurvedic medicines, then consult Doctor Puneet Dhawan, an Ayurvedic specialist in Delhi.
Created on May 14th 2019 08:54. Viewed 261 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.