Steps to Delete Company File in QuickBooks Desktop & Onlineby Adelina Martin Bookkeeping & Accounting Solution For Small Busine
Are you wondering how to delete a company from my QuickBooks? If you are looking for the easy steps to delete some company files in QuickBooks, then you are at the right place. The process of deleting a company file is quite convenient and easy to implement. This segment contains a comprehensive walkthrough that will assist you in deleting the Company in QuickBooks. Just ensure that you read it out till the conclusion.
Easy steps to delete the
company file in QuickBooks Software
Follow the steps provided below to remove a company file from QuickBooks. Ensure you perform the actions in the same order and adhere to the guidelines very keenly.
· In the beginning, you need to open the company file you wish to delete in QuickBooks. You can do that by hitting on "Open or Restore Company" from the "File" menu.
· Afterward, tap on the "Open a company file" option.
· Subsequently, hit on "Next."
· Then, you should hit "Open" after opting for the File you wish to remove.
· The next step involves hitting the F2 key on your computer, and then in the Product Information window, note the file location. (The file location is the "path" that takes you to the File on your computer where your company is kept.) Something along the lines of "C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Documents/Intuit/QuickBooks/Company Files" should appear.
· The final step is to exit QuickBooks.
· For that, hit on File, followed by choosing Exit.
· Now, navigate to the location you noticed in the Product Information Window.
· Herein, you are supposed to right-click the company file you want to delete and then hit on Delete. (The File should have the green QuickBooks icon as displayed here; however, you should also delete all other files with the same file name that ends in. qbw:)
· Reopen QuickBooks and then hit on the "Edit List" option.
· On the File that you just deleted, check the "Hide" box. It is now necessary to erase the File and hide it from the "No Company Open" window.
Created on May 3rd 2023 02:34. Viewed 106 times.