How to Use IGTV and Derive More Likes on Instagramby Alvin Cooper Avast is perhaps amongst the best antivirus progra
Working or not, our eyes are glued to our smartphone all day long, switching from one application to another. Snapchat to Facebook to Instagram, and a lot of other platforms in between. This is why it is to be known as the digital age.
Businesses have come to an understanding that marketing through these social media platforms is an excellent strategy as it targets audiences from all age groups.
Let us specifically talk about Instagram Television, known as IGTV. Many of you might be using this feature at its best, while others are still unaware of the same.
IGTV enables you to post videos, unlike Instagram stories or posts that have limited time restrictions. IGTV videos can be as long as you like, and this is one of its best advantages.
On the other hand, the audience can like, comment, and share these videos along with watching it. These videos can be shared via DM’s to your friends or companions.
Another interesting fact about using IGTV is that it has various channels. Compare it with watching a TV, just as you can switch channels on the Television, you can switch channels for IGTV as well.
How to Create an IGTV Channel?
The steps to create an IGTV channel before working with it are:
- Log in to your Instagram account by filling in the ID and Password.
- Click on the ‘+’ icon on the bottom of the screen and tap ‘Next.’
- Browse and select a video that you want to share. Make sure the video you’re sharing with IGTV is longer than 60 seconds, as one-minute videos can be shared via posts.
- Select a cover image or a frame for your video that’ll appear to the audience before the video plays.
- Add an intriguing title to your video along with a description.
- If you already have a channel and a set of series of previous videos, you can add it to the existing series. Select ‘Add to Series’ for the same.
- Once done filling in details, tap on ‘Post.’
Bored of watching a video and want to explore more? Here’s how:
There are three categories offered by IGTV that are: For You, Following, and Popular.
The ‘For You’ section displays videos using an algorithm of your likes and preferences. It is most likely to come up with videos that you’ll like and look up to.
The ‘Following’ section displays videos of all those people whom you’re following.
The ‘Popular’ section displays trending videos and has gained a lot of audience’s attention.
How to connect with the audience via IGTV?
- Before posting your full IGTV videos, post a preview via story or a post, which will raise a feeling of curiosity amongst your audience. You may likewise share your video previews to other platforms like Facebook to engage more of the audience and derive traffic.
- A video you’re going to share should not be too tacky or too piled up with filters. Nor should it be pro level edited. The audience likes it sober and natural. Show them what actually is happening, and keep it chronic rather than giving a glamorous image.
- Make sure to keep your audio and captions in sync with the video. Mis-matching creates a mess.
- Keep the first 15 seconds of your video very straight to the point, or else you’ll end up losing the interest of the audience.
- Advertise your IGTV videos via Instagram stories. In case someone missed your post on their feed, your story will take them directly to your post.
- Instagram Live is another great feature to connect to your audience. You can plan live sessions and promote your IGTV channel or videos on the same by talking about it.
Can you have more than one IGTV Channel?
The answer to this question is a big No. You can’t have more than one IGTV channel per account. One Instagram account supports one IGTV Channel only.
Lucas Atkinson, I’m a student living in California. I am a fan of technology, programming, and web development at the Business Directory. I’m also interested in innovation and writing. You can read my blog with a click on the button above.
Created on Jul 2nd 2020 00:33. Viewed 341 times.