How to Protect Your SIM Card with PINby Alvin Cooper Avast is perhaps amongst the best antivirus progra
You can protect your SIM card with some extra protection doors if your SIM card is really important to you. Every cellular device, including your iPad or iPhone device, requires a SIM card to use the network and cellular services. The SIM card is small, and keeping it safe could be a real messy thing for most of the users. At the time of the new iPad or iPhone device, you might need a SIM card of your preferred network provider. SIM cards are easy to transfer from one device to another through just popping out the SIM tray and put it in another device. There is no way you can know who took the SIM because if someone takes your SIM, you don’t even notify.
So to prevent your SIM from getting into the wrong hands, you need to set up a PIN lock that is available after iOS 12 and later of the version. With the SIM card PIN, you need to enter the PIN whenever you restart the Device or when your network restarts. Well, it’s a great procedure to keep the SIM card safe, and every data that related to it will be safe. From this type of protection, you can restrict others to call or Message from your SIM or cellular data. Now it’s a new feature in iPhone and iPad device, so here is the guide for you to activate this amazing protection for your SIM card.
How to Set Up SIM Card PIN
- Navigate to “Settings” on your iPad or iPhone device.
- Click on the “Cellular” option.
- Move to the “SIM PIN” option and click on it.
- Type a “New PIN” in the blank box and be sure to remember it.
- If you have already set up the PIN, then you to first enter the existing PIN to set up a new PIN.
After this setup process, you always need to enter the SIM PIN whenever you restart the Device or pop out the SIM tray. Your SIM will always be protected with SIM PIN.
How to Eject the SIM Card Tray from iPhone or iPad Device
If you ever required to switch SIM card, so here is the guide you can follow to take the SIM card out.
- In the new generation devices, now the SIM tray is the only slot for SIM cards, and it is most likely exists on the right side of the iPhone.
- Take and sharp pin and through the edge side of pin press it on the hole of SIM tray. From this, the SIM tray will pop out, and you just need to pull it a little further.
- Remove the SIM from the tray.
- Put a new SIM on the place of old SIM, and remember, don’t change the angel of SIM.
- Insert the SIM with tray by pushing from the small force.
If your SIM card is protected with SIM PIN, then you need to enter the PIN to access the network and begin the carrier service. No matter how many times you change the SIM, the SIM PIN will never be removed until you do it manually. In terms of the privacy of SIM cards, it’s a great feature available on iPhone and iPad devices.
Rdx Tango is an avid technical blogger, a magazine contributor, a publisher of guides at Blogs Book, and a professional cyber security analyst. Through her writing, she aims to educate people about the dangers and threats lurking in the digital world.
Created on Jun 24th 2020 03:46. Viewed 128 times.