How to Temporarily Disable the Firewall of Avast Antivirus?by McLean Adrian Avast Technical Support
A firewall is a network security system uses protocols to take over outgoing and incoming network connections/ traffic of a computer. In other words, it acts as a barrier between networks to monitor incoming and outgoing network data and decides whether to allow or block; means that the ruled traffic only allowed via a network connection which is pre-mentioned in its policy and the rest of others are denied.
A Firewall could be either hardware or software based, but Avast antivirus uses its own system which is obviously a software-based security. Avast uses it to monitor the network information. It can, however, detect false as well as a true assumption for certain application to prevent them from accessing the Internet. To make this application works normally, Avast Support is going to present some crucial steps, need to be taken to achieve the same.
- On your desktop, double-click on the Avast security icon, if the icon is not available, hover on the start menu and click on it.
- In the search bar, type its name, select the application and press enter to open it.
- Go to the settings, under Active Protection, click the On button and then select any one of the options (for instance, for 10 minutes, choose to stop for 10 minutes) and temporarily disable the program.
- If you want to stop this program for a long time or permanently, click the indefinite toggle bar, and then Ok to save the changes.
- Avast security allows you to add exceptions; means you can choose whether to allow or not. To implement, reopen the Avast security.
- In the tools tab, choose firewall.
- Here, you can determine application protocols accordingly. In the firewall, click Application rules, and provide a name to create a new group.
- Click the New rule button and select the newly created group. Browse the location of that program and select its executable file, i.e. EXE file.
- Next, to the protocols, click and drag your mouse pointer until the status changes to do.
- At last, click close to making the changes.
Hope you’ve easily disabled your Avast firewall system. If not and you want to know more, or have other issues to resolve. You can contact Avast Antivirus Support Number 1-855-254-6999. Our well-trained experts guarantee 100% results.
Created on Oct 20th 2017 02:45. Viewed 409 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.