How to Get Rid of QuickBooks Has Stopped Working Problem?by Devil Devis Certified Public Accountant
Here is all about what you should do when QuickBooks has stopped working, won’t open, or QuickBooks is not responding
QuickBooks users sometimes face an error when opening QuickBooks Desktop, or the screen may freeze and not respond to any command. This type of issue is such a complicated issue. QuickBooks has stopped working or not responding or showing error messages on the screen when the user tries to open QuickBooks Desktop.
In this article, we will confer and review this problem of QuickBooks and also share a few efficient ways to resolve these errors from your QuickBooks Desktop.
Causes of QuickBooks Stopped Working?
If you come up with such an issue, there might be some reasons that are triggering this error:
The name of your company may be longer than needed
QBWUSER.INI file might be damaged, corrupted, or missing
There is a corrupted hard drive
Damaged program files and QuickBooks Desktop installation
Damaged Window OS
The issue in some program
Error in Installation
Some Program Files are Damaged
Signs and Symptoms of QuickBooks Stopped Working Error
Check out the following symptoms when the QuickBooks has stopped working, not responding, or won’t open problem occurs in your software.
Your computer will automatically shut down
The computer’s screen will freeze or stops responding
Your QuickBooks software freezes and doesn’t respond to your input commands
QuickBooks will not open.
How to fix QuickBooks Not Working or Not Responding Error?
QuickBooks not responding/not working are the most common issues. You can look at the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps to resolve the problems that don’t let QuickBooks open or freeze the software.
Solution 1: Download or use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
Download the QB Install Diagnostic Tool
Now save that file to the computer where QuickBooks is Installed
Close all the applications that are running on your computer system.
Then run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool (QBInstall Tool)
Again, start your computer after running the tool to confirm that the components of windows are updated or not.
Solution 2: Reboot your PC, and Once Disable your Antivirus Software
Reboot your system
After reboot, open your QuickBooks Desktop.
Temporarily disable your antivirus if the problem occurs.
Note: If the error still comes, disable your antivirus software once. You can also opt to take help from your IT professional at this time.
Solution 3: Rename the QBWUSER.INI File
- Rename the QBWUSER.INI File (The changing the file name would erase the company file list that was opened previously, and this step would need you to open your company file manually).
- Find and open the folder where the QBWUSER.ini is stored (If you are unable to find the folder, authorize all the hidden files and folders to find it)
- Rename the QBWUSER.ini (do a right-click and select rename)
- Put .old at the end of the file name (e.g., QBWUSER.ini.old)
- Also, rename the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file
- Suppose the program opens post renaming QBWUSER.ini or EntitlementDataStore.ECML, see if you can open the sample company file.
- If you become able to open a sample file and your company file is still not opening, copy the file to another folder or location and open it from the new site.
- If the company file opens from the newer location, the issue might be originated from a damaged folder.
- If you still fail to sign in to your company file, check if your company file is damaged.
- In case of a damaged file, try restoring an earlier backup of that file instead.
- If you cannot open the sample company file or QuickBooks doesn’t start, the issue might be with the QuickBooks installation.
Solution 4: Reinstall QuickBooks using Clean Install
Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop and reinstall it by using the clean install tool. This process will get you the most recent QuickBooks Update, which can resolve all your issues.
Solution 5: Sign up a New Admin User for QuickBooks
Sign up for a new admin user account in Windows, and then try to open your company file using the new user admin account.
Solution 6: Open the company file through another folder location (If other files or sample files do open)
At the very first step of all, you need to press the Windows + E key on your keyboard to open the computer window.
Search for the data file, which will have a .qbw file extension
At the time of searching for a file located on a network server, browse to the network drive on which the data file is located.
Right-click and select Copy after finding your company file
After that, Go to your C: Drive
Make a new folder here.
Name this folder QBTEST.
Now Open the new QBTEST folder and Paste the company file here.
Open QuickBooks while holding the CTRL key simultaneously.
Choose Restore “An Existing Company” through the C:\QBTEST folder that you have created.
Lastly, Open the company file that you copied in the QBTEST folder.
That’s all from our side. We expect that the above-given solution methods could help you resolve the issue.
Conclusion!If you have questions related to it or getting the same problem again and again, feel free to contact our QuickBooks enterprise support team at 1-800-615-2347, we will help you every time.
- Guest Post Service
Permanent Link | Do-Follow Backlinks | Costs as low as $0.5
- Ad Space Available - Rent it Now!
Created on Apr 26th 2022 02:09. Viewed 191 times.