How to Fix NVIDIA Settings Are Not Available in Windows 10
by elina John IT Expert
NVIDIA is one of the best Graphics Card manufacturers with a wide range of cards that supports different types of systems configuration as per the different users.
If you are currently using the graphic card of NVIDIA in your system, then there are chances that you have come across some errors even though NVIDIA tries to eliminate as many errors as fast as they come across it. One of the errors is where the user gets the message informing them that the Display Settings of NVIDIA Graphic Card is not available. The primary issue for the error can be the fact that the monitor of the system did not adequately connect to the GPU. It is the primary reason, but some more factors can generate this error, such as the monitor is not connected to the right port. If you are currently facing this error, then you can follow this article to resolve the error.
Methods to Resolve the Issue
Before you get into the different techniques to resolve the issue, you have to make sure that you revert (undo) the settings changed in the registries and files of the system if that method doesn’t work. So, let’s start the different techniques to eliminate this error, keeping the mentioned facts on the mind.
1. Connection Checking
It is the first step to eliminate the error message, as the primary issue is the improper connection. Here, you have to check that cables are in good condition or not. Then check that the cables are connected to the right ports (the output port of the GPU). This mistake generally takes place in the condition of a new system connection.
2. Restart the Services of NVIDIA
Every operating system runs on several different services. These services and programs are the base on which any application or Operating system works. Disabling any unknown service can lead you to a higher level of error. So, you have to be careful in this method.
As other services of system, NVIDIA services offer the base to run the Graphic Card on the system. So you have to make sure that the services of NVIDIA are working just fine. For that, you can follow these steps:
- Launch Run by press Windows + R.
- Enter the command Services.msc and run.
Now, you have to search for the following services:
- NVIDIA Display Container LS.
- NVIDIA NetworkService Container.
- NVIDIA LocalSystem Container.
Now, Tap right on NVIDIA Display Container L S.
- Select the Properties option.
- Go to the General tab.
- Find the Sevice Status and Startup Type. Once you find them make sure that status is running and type is on Automatic. If not, then you have to set it up in the mentioned status.
- This process will be repeated for the NVIDIA LocalSystem Container service.
- Now, you have to go to the NVIDIA Network Service Container and go to the Service Status and Startup Type.
- Here, you have the option to choose which setting do you want
- If you wish that the updates of the software download and install automatically, then you can set the startup type to Automatic otherwise set it as Manual or Stop.
- If you wish to remain in contact with the NVIDIA server all the time when you get online, then you can set the Service Status to Running; otherwise, you have to stop the service by clicking on the Stop button.
Make sure, and you didn’t change other settings, which can lead the system to a higher level of errors. After making changes check whether the error is resolved or not.
3. Update the Drives of the Graphic Card
This error can be seen due to outdated, incompatible, and corrupt drivers. It can be the reason why an OS is unable to detect or run the hardware. Installation of the application from any of the third party can lead to this error. These factors can show different error messages, but it can be resolved by updating the driver of the Graphic Card. You have to follow these methods to update the software:
- Click on the Start button.
- Enter the GeForce Experience in the search bar.
- Click on the application from the search result.
- Now, you have to tap on the tab of Drivers.
- Press the button Check for Updates. Wait for a while till the checking process take place, and if the update is available, then you have to download that update.
- After completing the download process, you have to install the new driver.
- You can use the Express Installation or the normal process. Now, you have to follow the instructions as shown on the screen.
This method will resolve the issue. If the error message still shows on the screen, then you have only one option left, and that is Re-installing the NVIDIA driver.
Elina John is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. She writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.
Source :- https://1norton.uk.net/how-to-fix-nvidia-settings-are-not-available-in-windows-10/
Created on Apr 6th 2020 00:34. Viewed 235 times.