How to Disable Suggested Articles on Chrome for iOS and Androidby elina John IT Expert
Google Chrome is one of the most popular and used web browsing application over the globe. It provides various interesting features for its users and along with one of the best browsing platforms, it also gives suggested articles to its users when they used to launch a new web page window while searching on Google.
It provides suggestions with a quotation message “Articles For You.” In case you don’t like to view such suggestions from Chrome, it has the feature to disable it instantly.
Here we are providing various steps for deactivating or hiding suggested articles by Chrome on android or iOS devices.
- First of all, you have to launch Chrome on your device.
- Then, hit the menu icon to launch various options related to Google Chrome. It appears as three horizontal dots located at the lowermost portion of your device’s screen.
- Tap on Settings.
- After that, scroll down your Chrome page to search for the option “Article Suggestions.”
- Then you have to turn the feature of article suggestions to “OFF.”
- Now, hit the “Done” tab to quit Settings options. It will be at the upper right side edge of the screen.
Note: You can hit the “Hide” tab for hiding the popping out “Articles for You” section displaying on your device. However, it will not deactivate the feature completely.
- At last, launch a new tab or window on Chrome and check that the issue has resolved successfully.
Switching Off the Chrome’s Article Suggestion Feature via “Chrome Flags” on Android
Follow these steps to know more about how to utilize this feature to remove or hide suggested content by Google Chrome.
- First of all, you have to launch the “Chrome” application on your android device.
- Then, you have to type the provided URL in the search bar and hit the “Enter” key:
- Then, enter the keywords: “#enable-NTP-remote-suggestions” in the provided search bar.
- Now hit the “Return” tab.
- After that, hit the pull drop menu situated inside the option “Show Server-Side Suggestions.”
- Then select the option “Disabled.”
- At last, tap on the option “Relaunch Now” to apply modifications.
- After a while, Google Chrome will restart automatically to save the changes.
Now, launch the “Google Chrome” application to check if the suggested articles are still showing on your web browser or not.
You can also start searching “remote suggestions” through the search feature on Google Chrome.
Elina John is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet, utility software and new media. She writes for Microsoft products at office.com/setup.
Created on Dec 17th 2019 00:56. Viewed 592 times.