How to Crop an Image in Adobe Illustrator?by Harry Williams Manager
Adobe Illustrator is a very popular software for creating vector graphics and logos. But if you are a newbie, then you might want to learn some basics. One of the most useful features of Adobe Illustrator is cropping an image. Today we are going to tell you about how to crop a picture in Adobe Illustrator. So, what’s the wait? Let’s get started.
Through Crop Tool
You can crop an image through the crop tool. So, here are the steps that you must follow:
• Firstly, you have to go to the program and click on “New” or “Open” on your device.
• After that, you should add an image.
• Then you need to click on “File” and choose “Place” to add the photo you wish to crop.
• Thereafter you should select the “Selection Tool” and tap on the picture to choose it.
• Now, you will see the cropping tool will come in the control bar.
• After that, you must choose the “Crop image” and move the crop marks until you are satisfied with the cropped picture.
• Then you have to click on “Apply”.
Through Clip Masks
You can also crop an image through clip masks. So here is what you have to do:
• Firstly, you have to click the “View” option and choose “Find Edges”.
• After that, you will see the blue line around the picture.
• Then you have to select the “Selection Tool” and click on the picture to activate “Masks’.
• Thereafter you will see the “Masks” tab in the control bar.
• Now, you should hit on “Masks” tab to create a clipping mask.
• Next, you should click on “Edit Clipping Path” through the control bar and adjust the blue line.
• With the help of “Selection tool,” you can drag each line where you wish, and you should use the arrow keys to adjust the lines within.
• Now, if you want to return the “Clipping mask” then hit on “Edit Contents.” Select “Object.” then “Clipping Masks” and lastly hit “Release”.
• Then the cropped picture will go back to the original size.
Through Opacity Masks
You can also crop an image through opacity masks. Just follow the steps given below:
• Firstly, you have to add a picture and make a cropped shape around it.
• After that, you should make a rectangle or circle shape.
• Then you should choose the cropped shape and hit Shift.
• Thereafter you should select the “Windows” option.
• Now, you have to click on “Transparency” from the right side.
• After that, you should choose “Make Mask” to only keep the selected part of your original picture.
• Now you should go to the chain-link button located at the “Transparency” panel to drag every element individually.
• Then you can change and add new colors to make a border throughout the picture.
• Later you can choose “Release.”
You may crop an image using the artboard. So, here are the steps you need to follow:
• Firstly, you have to choose the picture that you wish to crop and move the box to choose the area you want.
• Then press “Enter” to activate the artboard.
• Now, you should go to the “File” menu and choose “Export” to store the picture to the HDD.
• You can also select “Save for Web” to store it to a website.
• The dialog box is required to be checked that says, “Use Artboards.”
• Now, only you will be allowed to view the cropped picture later.
John Watson is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about security. He writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.
Created on Aug 6th 2019 09:08. Viewed 145 times.