How to fix the “8504,104” error that shows up on Norton?
by Harry Williams Manager
There may be multiple reasons of unsuccessful installation of Norton.com/Setup Product on your device, but when error 8504,104 happens, it may be possible that any malware or the other security application already installed on your device is creating mess and conflict with the installation of new Norton Security Product. It may be a malware or another antivirus software that may be preventing Norton service from starting. Or broken Norton installation or a file missing may be another common cause for this error.
In order to fix Error 8504,104, what you need to do is, you need to uninstall the current Norton installation and completely wipe it from your device then try for a full re-install. Also, you need to make sure that no other antivirus / internet security software is there running and installed on the system at the same time.
One of the best ways to uninstall and remove Norton completely from your device is, perform just a Three Step Norton uninstallation procedure with the help of Norton Power Eraser Tool. Norton Power Eraser Tool is free-to-download program and easy-to-use tool for any Norton customer for uninstalling Norton from Windows computers and running Norton Removal Tool.
If you are not a technical educated person or have any doubt about performing the steps correctly, better to ask the Norton Security Product experts for help.
Follow the steps enlisted below for uninstalling Norton:
- Save the file on a local disk after downloading Norton Power Eraser (NPE)
- Run Norton Power Eraser and allow the process to complete by accepting the License agreement
- Next, to start Norton Power Eraser (NPE) deep computer scan for viruses, rootkits and other malware, click the Scan for Risks icon because they would prevent clean Norton installation. During this process, your computer will restart and NPE will perform comprehensive system scan upon start.
- To complete system scan, follow on-screen instructions.
- Computer will boot normally after the scan completes.
- For usual uninstall of Norton, head to the Control Panel as usual or you can go to the Control Panel Program Wizard by going to command line and run the appwiz.cpl command.
- Restart your Windows Machine.
- To completely uninstall Norton product and remove any Windows registry entries and files left behind, download Norton Removal Tool.
- Run Norton Removal Tool and carry on following on-screen instructions.
- Now when Norton has been completely removed, restart your Windows PC.
- Hopefully, your Windows machine will be now free from viruses and broken Norton installations that could have caused error 8504,104. And because the error should disappear, you can start a fresh install of your Norton product.
During the process of uninstalling the already installed Norton Setup, if you find it difficult to follow the onscreen instructions, you can ask the Norton Support experts for the immediate help. They are the trained people and will take care of everything whatever happening on your device or if you are performing wrong steps or following wrong or misleading information.
Created on Mar 16th 2018 01:52. Viewed 677 times.