What is Post Traumatic Stress Disorder?by GoMedii Technologies Health Consultant
In scientific term, the post-traumatic stress disorder is a mental health condition that appears by a terrifying event either by experiencing it or witnessing it.
Symptoms of the disorder may include flashbacks, severe anxiety, and nightmares as well as uncontrollable thoughts about the terrifying event.
Most people who face traumatic events may have temporary difficulty coping and adjusting, but when we seriously care for them as well as good self-care, they get better.
Getting effective treatment after PTSD symptoms develop can be significant to reduce symptoms and improve body function.
See Also: Online nutrition counseling services
What are the Symptoms of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder?
The symptoms of PTSD are divided into four separate clusters, including:
In this condition, the person may experience the following symptoms:
- Usually, get upset due to thoughts or memories about a traumatic event.
- Nightmares related to the traumatic event.
- Usually, feels or acted like as the event was happening again.
- Faces feelings of distress.
- Experience high heart rate or sweating, when reminded of the event.
In this symptom, people usually avoid other people, situations, or places that remind them of the event;
Try to avoid thoughts, conversations, and feelings about the event.
Try to avoid people or places that remind them of the event.
Usually, make themselves too busy to have time to think about the event.
In hyperarousal situation following symptoms include;
- Feel difficult to sleep.
- Feeling more irritable and angry.
- Faces difficulty concentrating.
- Being jumpy or easily startled.
4. Negative thoughts and beliefs
Following are the symptoms faced after they reached into the negative situation;
- Faces difficult in remembering important elements of the traumatic event.
- Interest loss in favorite activities.
- Feeling distant from others.
- Experiencing difficulties having positive feelings like love and happiness.
- Feeling as though your life may be cut short.
Created on Jul 11th 2019 04:40. Viewed 385 times.