The Processes of Admission to the Best ICSE/ CBSE Schools in Kolkataby BHS Mukundapur Team Best CBSE School in Kolkata
With the beginning of the new year, schools gear up for the admission formalities of a new academic session. Best ICSE/ CBSE schools in Kolkata furnish admission notices on their websites. All information is available there.
Schools follow the admission procedures as guided by the RTE (Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education) Act. Unlike the period before the enaction of the RTE Act, at present, the admission procedures are less ambiguous. Let’s have a look at the application procedures in elementary grades:
1. If the number of applicants for a division exceeds the available vacancy, then (and only then) schools will opt for the lottery process.
2. If any Primary School is located on the same premises as an Upper Primary School/ High School/ Higher Secondary School or if a Primary School runs in the same School building of an Upper Primary School/ High School/ Higher Secondary School in the morning, in such cases, all the students of IV of the said School Primary should be admitted in class- V of the Upper Primary School/ High School/ Higher Secondary School as the case may be at first. The rest of the seats of Class- V, if there be any, should be filled up through the process of lottery.
3. To fill up the seats meant for unreserved category, at first, a general lottery is to be performed taking into account of all applications for admission, irrespective of categories. It is therefore implied that all General, SC, ST, OBC candidates and others will come under the general lottery.
4. After filling up the unreserved seats, separate lotteries are to be done to select category wise (viz. SC/ST/OBC) reserved candidates.
5. In case of admission of a child in class- I, he/she should be 5+ years as on the date of admission.
RTE Act has brought the process of admission in schools under the purview of laws. The Act has reduced the ambiguity over the entire procedure. For example, the Act has stipulated the lowermost age of the applicants.
Some schools were following illegal practices. They were admitting children of much lower age groups to higher divisions, putting the children to excessive mental stress. After the enaction of the RTE Act, the schools can only admit children of the right age groups to the right divisions.
Though the lottery system is in place, schools of reputation carry out admission interviews to select the best candidates. As schools like Birla High School never sits on its laurels, it selects only the best of all applicants.
Parents are advised to prepare children for admission interviews much before the dates of admission are announced. Studies have shown that students with preschooling fare better than the rest. Hence, parents who want to admit their children to grade- I should send them to preschools before going for admission interviews.
Admission to Schools like Birla High School
Well-known schools like Birla High School publish admission notifications on their websites much ahead of the dates. Parents should consult the website to gather information on admission at Birla High School.
No need to physically visit schools. Just page through the website and note down the information.
Created on Jan 9th 2020 06:58. Viewed 388 times.