The Easy Hunan Chicken Recipeby Soumyadip c. Tasty Fitness Recipes
Beautifully caramelized, Tender and juicy pieces of flavored pieces of Hunan chicken tossed with vegetables, ginger and garlic roasted over high heat. This chicken is not only healthy but also delicious but and light. This Hunan style chicken recipe is different from westernized Hunan recipes, which is mostly overly sweet, fatty, and gloppy.
My co-workers and I loved the restaurant style . So simple, delicious and mouthwatering. Tender pieces of chicken breast, stir-fried with black fungus, carrot, broccoli, in a light brown sauce.
Although the authentic version uses dry stir fry (very little sauce), I like much sauce version and it also works well with steamed rice. The sauce will taste very similar to a basic brown sauce, but I used sesame oil and oyster sauce to add more bit of sweetness and umami. It tasted SO Delicious that I keep on increasing the amount of sauce whenever i make.
- Chicken stock 1 cup
- Oil 2 tablespoons for deep-frying
- Garlic cloves chopped 3-4
- Ginger chopped 1 inch
- Boneless chicken cut into 1½ inch cubes 400 grams
- Soy sauce 2 1/2 tablespoons
- Green capsicum cut into1-inch pieces 1/2 medium
- Button mushrooms quartered 6-8
- Cornflour/ corn starch 4 1/2 tablespoons
- Onion quartered, layers separated 1 small
- Yellow capsicum cut into1-inch pieces 1/4 medium
- Red capsicum cut into1-inch pieces 1/4 medium
- Celery stalk chopped 1
- red chilli paste 1 tablespoon
- Cashewnuts roasted 8-10
- Salt to taste
- Bean sprouts 1/4 cup
- White vinegar 1 tablespoon
- With half teaspoon, soy sauce marinate the chicken cubes for 15 minutes. Add a little stock and one tablespoon cornflour and mix well.
- In a wok Heat sufficient oil and deep-fry the chicken cubes till lightly browned. Drain.
- In a non-stick wok or pan heat two tablespoons of oil; add ginger, garlic, and celery and saute for a few seconds.
- Add chili paste and mix. Add yellow capsicum, onion, red capsicum and green capsicum and mushrooms and sauté on high heat.
- Add remaining soy sauce and most of the remaining stock and mix well. To make the slurry mix remaining cornflour with a little stock. Add salt and mix well.
- Add the slurry and mix well. Add chicken, vinegar, bean sprouts, roasted cashew nuts.
- Transfer into a serving plate and serve hot, garnished with remaining roasted cashew nuts.
Created on Sep 26th 2018 03:44. Viewed 357 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.