The Best Ever Szechuan Chicken Recipeby Soumyadip c. Tasty Fitness Recipes
The vibrant veggies and silky chicken pieces are so healthy and a full combination packed with flavor. This Easy Szechuan chicken recipe hits the spot whenever I’m craving. This can be ready in 25 minutes from start to finish.
- To make red chili sauce (or use bottled)
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tsp red chilli powder / paprika or 12 red chilies(less spicy variety)
- 1 tsp oil
- 1½ to 3 tsp hot water (or as needed)
- for marination
- ½ tbsp soya sauce
- ¼ tbsp vinegar
- 250 grams chicken or ½ lb cubed boneless
- salt Little
- 1 to 2 tbsp Corn starch (white corn flour) (optional but recommended)
- ¼ tsp pepper powder (optional)
- for seasoning
- ¾ tbsp garlic minced (½ tsp more, optional)
- ½ tbsp soya sauce (naturally brewed)
- ¾ tsp Sichuan peppers crushed (refer notes)
- ½ tbsp ginger minced (½ tsp more, optional)
- ¼ tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil preferred (any other oil will just work fine)
- Salt as needed
- ¾ to 1 cup bell peppers / capsicum cubed
- 2 to 3 sprigs spring onion
- 1 onion small, thinly sliced (for sauce)
- 1 onion medium, for seasoning (optional)
- Make your red chili sauce by mixing together ½ tsp sugar, 1 tsp red chilli powder/paprika or 12 red chilies(less spicy variety), 1 tsp oil, 1½ to 3 tsp hot water (or as needed). Set aside.
- Use meat tenderizer to tenderize the chicken or soak it in a mixture made of 3 tbsps yogurt with one cup of water for at least 2 hours or overnight. Drain.
- Marinate with ingredients like ½ tbsp soya sauce
- ¼ tbsp vinegar, 250 grams chicken or ½ lb cubed boneless, salt Little, 1 to 2 tbsp Corn starch (white corn flour) (optional but recommended), ¼ tsp pepper powder (optional). Keep aside for 15 minutes. Sprinkle corn flour and toss.
- In hot oil deep fry or grill it until done.
- Add little oil to a pan and heat up. Saute sliced onions, ginger garlic, and Sichuan peppers until onions turn golden.
- Add soya sauce, vinegar, red chili sauce, and very little salt.
- And until thick sauce forms stir and cook.
- Add more onions, ginger garlic, if desired, and saute until the onions turn transparent.
- After that Add bell peppers and saute for few minutes.
- put 2 to 3 tbsp. of water and allow to thicken.
- Then add chicken and saute for 2 to 3 more minutes.
- Garnish Szechuan chicken or schezwan chicken with spring onion greens.
Created on Sep 26th 2018 05:43. Viewed 324 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.