Easy Homemade Chicken Stew Recipeby Soumyadip c. Tasty Fitness Recipes
To stew a chicken actually there are as many ways as there are cuisines and cooks. This hearty chicken stew in one-pot practically cooks by itself! With tender chunks of chicken and savory veggies, It’s made all in one-pot. For an ultimate cold weather, meal enjoy with crusty bread! For anything, stressful life throws your way a bowl full of this classic comfort food is the perfect antidote. It’s also a tasty, simple way to stretch a single chicken into a meal for many.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 diced carrots
- 1 4 lb Roasting Chicken
- A Handful (Sliced) Mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, minced
- 2 or 3 bay leaves
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 2 chopped onions
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 or 2 sprinkles sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup Heavy (35%) or sour cream
- 2 or 3 thinly sliced green onions
- 2 Stalks (diced) celery
- Cut chicken into 10 pieces ( 2 drums, 2 thighs, 4 breast and 2 wings pieces).
- Over medium heat place a large heavy saucepan and toss in the butter. Add a single layer of chicken pieces and brown them on all sides until they’re caramelized.
- Remove from the pan and let it rest on a plate. Repeat the same with any remaining chicken. You avoid cooling the pan below the high heat cooking the chicken in batches that's needed for caramelization.
- Add the onions to the fat when the chicken is browned, and juices remaining in the pan. Sauté until caramelized and golden brown. Add the garlic and sauté for few more minutes. Stir in the flour and then whisk in the chicken broth. Bring to a simmer until thickened, whisking constantly.
- Add the fresh herbs, vegetables, and reserved chicken and any juices from the resting plate. Season with pepper and salt. Over medium heat continue cooking until the stew returns to a simmer, then turn the heat to maintain the simmer, down to low.
- Cover tightly and for 30 minutes continue to cook.
- Stir in the green onions, cream, and peas. Taste and add additional pepper and salt, if desired. Refrigerate for 2 or 3 days then reheat when needed or serve immediately.
Created on Sep 28th 2018 02:58. Viewed 376 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.