On the Go Mongolian Chicken Recipeby Soumyadip c. Tasty Fitness Recipes
This is a delicious and quick Mongolian chicken recipe that’s both savory and sweet. A healthier substitute to the classic Mongolian beef preparation with ingredients that pack a punch! You can also make this recipe in Slow Cooker which takes just five minutes to throw into the slow cooker and the flavor is completely out of this world! In a lightened up Mongolian sauce, juice and Tender and slow cooked chicken that is sure to wow your family!
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 brown onion, cut into thick wedges
- 3 green onions, cut into 4cm lengths
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Masterfoods Sesame Seeds, toasted
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 500g chicken breast stir-fry strips
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/4 cup shao hsing (Chinese rice wine)
- 4 cups steamed white long-grain rice
- 300g snow peas, trimmed, steamed
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- Blend five-spice, shao hsing, cornflour, garlic, ginger and 2 teaspoons soy sauce in a bowl. Add chicken. Toss to coat. Refrigerate to allow flavours to develop for 30 minutes.
- In a wok or large frying pan heat 1/2 the peanut oil over high heat. Drain chicken from marinade, reserving marinade. Stir-fry chicken for 2 minutes, in 2 batches, or until lightly browned and just cooked through. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Wipeout and clean the wok.
- In wok heat remaining peanut oil over high heat. Add onions. Stir-fry until starting to char for 1 minute. Return chicken to wok with hoisin sauce, reserved marinade, sesame oil and remaining soy sauce. Stir-fry until sauce boils and thickens for 2 to 3 minutes , and chicken is heated through.
- With sesame seeds sprinkled stir-fry. Serve with snow peas and rice.
Go-To slow cooker meal is what I call This Mongolian Chicken! For juicy, tender chicken It takes minutes to “set it and forget”, then you thicken your sauce on the stove for truly luxurious Mongolian sauce – no runny, lackluster sauce here! You and everyone else will love the ease of this and will swoon over the better than takeout flavor!
Created on Sep 28th 2018 03:35. Viewed 220 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.