How to Print maps on Google Mapsby Emma Justine Web Designer
Want to save and print out an area or direction? With Google Maps, you can create custom maps and personalized directions for your travel. Users can print out these maps and take them as a reference. The printing feature of Google Maps is work as a tool that turns customs maps into printed images. If you also want to print a map or direction from Google Maps, then here is how.
How to print a Map
Users can print maps and directions on both Windows PC and macOS. Just zoom in the area or street you want to print.
1. Open a ‘Browser’ on Windows or macOS PC.
2. And go to the Google Maps website,”www.google.com/maps.”
3. Now, click the ‘Search bar.’
4. Enter the name of the place. You can enter your state, city, college or institution to search.
5. Select a location from the dropdown results.
6. Resize your map. To Zoom in click the ‘+’ button or ‘-‘ to zoom out.
When you’re all set up then follow the below steps to print a map.
A direct printing will only print the portion of the map appears on your screen. You can use a frame, then move and reposition maps to print them all thoroughly.
Steps to print a Google Map:
1. Open up the ‘Print’ menu.
Ways to open the print menu:
• On Windows or Mac device: Use “Ctrl + P” or “Command + P” to open the print menu.
• On Google Chrome: Open ‘Settings’ menu and select ‘Print.’
• On Safari: click on the ‘Files’ under the menu bar, then select ‘Print.’
• On Microsoft Edge: Open ‘Settings’ menu, and select ‘Print.’
• On Firefox: click the ‘Hamburger’ icon select ‘Print.’ Again click ‘Print,’ on the prompt.
2. Now, choose a printer.
• Make sure your printer is connected with your computer, then check t name of the printer in the Print window.
• From here you can save a map as a PDF file also, by clicking on the ‘Print to PDF’ or ‘Save as PDF.’
3. Check the Settings.
• Check the browser and printer settings.
• Check the no. of copies.
• Check the color.
• Check and select a layout or orientations.
4. Click the ‘Print’ button to start printing.
• If you’re saving the map as PDF file instead of printing, then clicking on ‘Print’ will save the file.
• On Google Chrome, click on ‘Save.’
That’s it! The printing will start or saved as a PDF file, as you’d selected.
Charlie Noah is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technology industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Charlie has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.
Created on Mar 18th 2019 10:15. Viewed 490 times.