How To Oil Your Hair The Right Wayby Ojya Natural OjyaNatural
Do you know that there is a right way to oil your hair? Everybody knows the benefits of oiling the hair but what is the correct method for this?
Oiling your hair in the wrong way can harm the hair tresses. To improve the hair texture and promote hair growth, you need to oil your hair in the right way.
What is the need of oiling your hair?
Our hair gets damaged because of extreme pollution, improper diet, stress and many more factors. Only oiling your hair can bring your hair health back. Hair oiling is like feeding your hair the nutrients and nourishment. Hair oiling is the ancient method for promoting hair growth, adding volume, shine and luster to the hair. Hair oiling involves pouring hair oil directly on the scalp and massaging it to relieve stress.
Hair oiling has been in use for centuries, it is a type of Ayurvedic medicine. Didn’t you hear your Granny talking about the benefits of hair oiling? Hair oiling nourishes and hydrates the hair follicles. If you are suffering from a headache then you must massage your hair with hair oil in the evening after 6 pm. Everyone wants long, shiny and healthy hair, so there is a need to apply hair oil.
Benefits of oiling your hair:
- Hair oil strengthens hair roots and improves hair health.
- It boosts blood circulation and promotes hair growth.
- It makes your hair frizz-free, shiny, soft and healthy.
- It provides nourishment and moisturization to the hair.
- It adds moisture, shine and luster to the hair.
- It makes the hair locks look vibrant.
- It reduces dandruff and hair fall.
- Furthermore, it improves sleep, reduces stress and anxiety.
These benefits are enough. Now, you know the need of using hair oil.
How to choose the right hair oil?
There are different types of hair oil for different hair types. Just like we choose our favourite ice cream flavors, similarly we have to choose the right hair oil. So choose according to your hair preference.
- Coconut or mustard oil improves hair quality. It prevents split ends and premature greying of hair.
- Neem oil helps to reduce dandruff and to get rid of dry & itchy scalp.
- Sesame oil treats dry scalp and makes the hair frizz-free.
- Almond oil is for oily hair, it helps to lock moisture.
- Amla hair oil promotes hair growth and thickness.
- Ayurvedic herbal hair oil combats harmful effects of coloring, pollution, permanent straightening or waving.
How to apply hair oil the right way?
According to Ayurveda, oiling your hair daily is a good thing. But nowadays, there is pollution, stress and dry climate which makes hair greasy if you apply hair oil daily. Then you will use shampoo everyday which will result in dry and itchy scalp. Best way is to apply the hair oil at night and then rinse your hair the next morning. Massaging hair with warm oil and leaving it overnight results in healthier hair and better sleep. Or you can apply the hair oil 1 or 2 hours before the hair wash.
If you are engaged with regular exercise then you must wash your hair after the exercise. Apply the hair oil before the workout and then wash your hair after the workout. People think that oiling is not such a difficult task. Yes, it is not a tough thing but doing it in the right way is important. Are you applying hair oil in the correct way? If no, then golden rules of oiling your hair are listed below:
Pour hair oil according to your hair length and volume in a bowl. Heat it on low flame. Don’t overheat it. Now, part your hair into sections. Take some oil in your palms and then rub your palms together.
Apply the hair oil and massage it with your fingertips. Wash your hair with normal water after 1/2 hours or the next morning. Then condition your hair with a good quality conditioner.
- Don’t apply hair oil on wet hair.
- Don’t comb hair right after applying hair oil.
- Don’t apply hair oil if you are suffering from fever.
- Don’t tie your hair after oiling your hair.
- Don’t use excessive amounts of hair oil.
- Don’t use other products on your hair until you wash your hair.
Created on Feb 2nd 2022 04:22. Viewed 163 times.