Can I Install Glass Mosaic Tiles on Pool Wall?by Lisa C. Marketing Writer
Yes, you can! These tiles can be used for pool walls.
Glass tiles and glass mosaic tiles are an ideal material for swimming pool walls. These tiles are shiny and reflective, and because of that they make your pool appeal bigger.
In addition, they protect the structure of your pool. Designer glass mosaic tiles not only do the adornment of your pool, but also give it water resistance and waterproofing. They give your pool a warm and welcome feel.
These tiles are available in a sea of colors. That means, there is a glass mosaic tile available in your favorite color. And you can be sure on that!
Here are a few tips for installing glass mosaic tiles on your pool wall –
- Use polymer modified mortar for your pool walls. It makes a perfect choice for environments like swimming pool. It holds tiles better in pool, and ensures that water does not seep through and weaken the bonding between tiles and substrate and base. Apart from that, they will add to the shine of glass tiles.
- Choose the color or mortar and grout in accordance with that of your glass mosaic tiles. This will help ascertain that mortar on the back is not visible through the tiles.
- After installation, cover the entire pool with a protective sheet. And let the tiles installed cure for the recommended duration. Doing so will protect the tiles from a number of factors such as rainfall, sunlight, heat, dust, and birds, and chipmunks.
- Grout the pool wall tiles only after the mortar has dried. Keep a wet sponge and an old dry towel handy to wipe the grout haze and excess grout while grouting.
- Once the grout is set, wipe the tiles with a wet towel. This will remove excess grout, apart from shining up the tiled surface.
Created on Sep 11th 2021 10:07. Viewed 124 times.