10 Best Practices to Clean Porcelain-Glass Mosaic Tilesby Philip Smith Inbound Marketing Manager
Porcelain-glass mosaic tile are pretty common type of mosaic tiles. These tiles offer a durable and highly decorative option for creating walls, accents and backsplashes. If used in bathroom and kitchen – mosaic tiles can withstand splashes of water, oils, and soap/detergent on an everyday basis.
Characteristically, mosaic tiles are smaller in size (3x6) and because of that, they require more grout than standard size tiles do. Since there is a greater amount of grouting, there are higher chances of grout lines looking dirty. When grout gets into a muddy texture, your entire space turns even dirtier.
In this blog, we explain some of the best practices for cleaning and maintenance of porcelain-glass mosaic tiles –
- Simple detergent can be used for everyday cleaning. Take 2 cups of hot water into a spray bottle with 1 tablespoon of dishwash detergent. Mix this solution well.
- Spray it over the tiles and grout and rub the entire tiled pattern with a plastic or nylon brush. Cover the grout as well.
- To enhance the cleaning effect, you could consider using a commercial grade tile cleaner (which suitable for your mosaic tile). Check with your supplier regarding this.
- Once you have brushed/rubbed the tile and grout, rinse with clean water. If necessary, repeat the process.
- Now, rub the tiled pattern with clean, dry cloth to dry the tiles and remove water and moisture residues.
- Another way you can clean your porcelain-glass or ceramic-glass mosaic tiles is with tri-sodium phosphate. Mix 2 tablespoons of chemical into 1 gallon of hot water.
- Spray and rest for five to ten minutes before working on the tiles.
- Rub the tiles with a nylon pad or brush.
- Dry the tile surface with a clean dry cloth piece.
- Rinse and let dry. This exercise can be performed twice or thrice every week, depending on the usage and traffic.
Check out ShadesOfStone.com’s brand new collection of mosaic tiles. We are a trusted supplier of natural stones and tiles in the US, offering best quality at best rates!
Created on Dec 19th 2019 04:19. Viewed 311 times.